Q&A Forums

spray foam & radiant flooring Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Arville Brown
Posted: Sep 02, 2009 08:46 PM
spray foam & radiant flooring
where could I find some Info. on radiant floor application.
mason
Posted: Sep 03, 2009 08:59 AM
I am not sure what you mean. But here is a government website on radiant flooring

www.energysavers.gov/your_home/space_heating_cooling/index.cfm/mytopic=12590
Arville Brown
Posted: Sep 03, 2009 09:22 PM
I have a customer thats installing raidant flooring and considering useing spray foam but he not for sure if the product will perform. other option is to use blue board Im looking for some documentation on spray foam in use with raidant flooring systems. I know my product will out perform just need some kind documentation
Posted: Sep 03, 2009 10:47 PM
out here in the cornfield i do this app all the time,,but im a hillbilly foamer,,,
will be spraying 5200 sq ft slab tomorrow...
dwelling,,indoor shooting range,,garage,,the works,,,hillbilly...

uh,,2.0lb CC foam tech data far exceeds the tech data of 2" boardstock,,educate your self and close the deal!! spfa has docs,,join,,,
if they cant see the benifit of higher compressive stength,,higher r value,,and most important,,no seams every 4',,,go gaps at footing and plumbing penetrations,,reduction in soil borne gasses,,,then they just got the blinders on and you didnt do your job educatein them.,,,

we applied 15000 sq ft in the recent past and the concrete came in at 1 yard over estimate,,,so you can lay it smooth,,its all about the grade,,in more ways then one,,

and these shacks with the theater rooms that "slope" like in the big theaters,,,perfect,,

and then there was the radiant under the swimmin pool,,,only way to do it,,,

if you cant shoot flat profile foam..and i mean an honest +/-1/4" do us all a favor and dont do it,,,this aint sidewall profile land,,,

....burma shave

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.