Q&A Forums

shoulda bobbed,,,but instead i weaved... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 01, 2006 10:53 AM
shoulda bobbed,,,but instead i weaved...
Posted: Jul 01, 2006 10:54 AM
thought it would be fun to see what "disasters, near misses, acts of god, acts of idiots" or other stuff people may want to share...
this could be fun...
Posted: Jul 01, 2006 10:57 AM
ok,,to set this up...
spraying at this site for a week,,,classic car underground storage bunker,,shop and apartment above ground,,,nice,,,local developers pad...
well the drive is inclined to the shop about 30 degrees from the road (in drive radiant heat..i sprayed slab on grade for it)..
stepvan and genset/compressor trailer is backed down drive...blocked,,trailer pretty much flat..stepvan at upward incline...
in truck setting up gun when,...ka bump ka bump ka bang....well one of my homemade 4x4 screwed to 2x6 blocks had decided to loose a screw (broke) and it was enough to allow the old girl to back roll till the garage and garage door stopped it...
moved the wall about 6" in,,and the door to...cracking the header... and the like...well
behind that door i thought was the old ladys vette..so it wouldnt be so bad...but..1 week earlier he got a 1970 formula ferrari from paul newman race team,,,seems it was pauls personal,,and the owner is a big paul fan,,,so hell $500,000 car..lets buy it...only 4 of these in the world...2 he said he wouldnt own...
well the wall and door stopped 1" from the bumper of this girl...a metal shelf with garage junk was pushed with the wall and nothing fell off of it either...stopping about 6" from the rear quarter..
worse was i had to wait a half an hour before i could get into the garage...(i called the owner..he said "this better be your idea of a phone prank"...cause he knows im a wild man..)
well the car was unscathed...my insurance fixed the garage,,,the owner and i have become good freinds,,,thank you god....
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 04, 2006 05:08 PM
Whooweee..!

I call that a dear miss (not near miss).

One day in `94, we were to spray the roof of a building in Dayton. They were pressuring us to dry the roof in because they had drywall coming. Wind was blowing towards a new car lot right behind the building. We used wind screens, but they didn't help...much. Ended up with a $27,000 cleaning bill for the new cars in the lot. Drat. Sprayed the rest of the roof under a Wilson tent.

Then there's the time when we used factory air at a concrete plant. What we didn't know was that the air pressure was almost 300 psi. It caused an iso filter to burst and the inside of our trailer was hosed with the evil amber-colored fluid. I hate it when that happens.

Then there was a time in `91 when the trailer came unhooked from the truck and tried to pass me on the right. I hate it when that happens too. It came to a stop fortunately.

olger

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.