Q&A Forums

2.7 vs 3.0 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 04, 2006 08:55 AM
2.7 vs 3.0
did a small roof: 1500 sq foot with 2.7. primer on metal areas. filled in the low spots.acrylic top coat (2) and managed not to overspray any cars. nice and warm.(some light winds) for the guys with experience: what is the difference with 3.0? less expansion & longer life for the customer?
i have a brick exterior wall for the rest of the 2.7. bare brick. need to prime it?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 04, 2006 04:58 PM
If the brick is tight (not crumbly & dusty) just spray it. Foam has oustanding adhesion (both mechanical & chemical).

The difference between 2.7 & 3.0 is negligible, especially with 245 fa.

gcw
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 09:44 PM
remember that an acylic will not stand up to ponding water....

2.7 vs 3.0 close enough to shoot the 2.7 unless the 3.0's tech specs are specified for the job...

without having the data sheets in front of me,,i cant imagine more than a 5psi difference in compression rateings,,and you may well be more influenced by the ambient conditons in which your are spraying...

foam on....
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 10:47 PM
one low spot 5'x5' had ponding water. filled in extra foam there. next day ran a garden hose at the top of pitch to make sure there were no low spots. (owner liked that!) acrylic will work well in this application.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.