Q&A Forums

Serious code matter here.......... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Marty Capolla
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 09:07 AM
Serious code matter here..........
I have recently been made aware of that some of smaller foam suppliers have listed on their product data sheets that they have certain test approvals (ASTM,UL,FM,ETC) when in fact they DO NOT HAVE THEM. If they do not have their products listed with ICC it's a very good chance they have provided false documentation on those data sheets. This can put you in serious jeopardy if you use their foam, and get asked to provide the data they have listed for project approval. Call your supplier today and demand they send you copies of ALL their listed tests. I am removing thousands in foam right now to avoid having my pants sued off me.......... Lesson learned here in CT................
This is a very serious matter.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 09:10 PM
In any industry, there are people looking to make a quick buck and cut corners. Not all foams are created equal. What exactly happened to you so that you are now removing foam? What documentation was needed that your supplier couldn't provide?
Posted: Mar 19, 2010 06:00 AM
uh,,call your lawyer,,,and sue their pants off...
you have the docs showing what they represented to you as valid data,,,using that data you applied with no intention of circumventing the code,,,,
DONT BE A NICE GUY,,,LIST THESE FOLKS NAMES,,,BRAND,,,PRODUCT,,,SALESPERSON,,DOCUMENTS YOU USED TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION
LIST IT HERE FOR ALL TO SEE,,,IT IS ABOUT
ACCOUNTABILITY,,,LET THEM BE PUBLICLY HELD ACCOUNTABLE...
maybe then our sysop,,doogles,,will not allow them to advertise on this site,,,maybe then the SPFA will make some sort of action against the company to assure correct and proper installation of spf,,,maybe then another hillbilly newbee foamer will go back to friggin lawncare
Marty Capolla
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:56 AM
My lawyer has already asked me NOT to mention who it is. But you can protect yourself by calling your suppliers and asking them to send you data on their testing. If they have an ICC report, like this company does NOT.... then your ok. ICC does the homework for you, to make sure the manufacture has done the testing and has proof.
Marty Capolla
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:57 AM
ASTM and FM test data to which they say they have, but they dont.
Posted: May 22, 2010 08:26 PM
ok,,so im goin friggin crazy here
i see a current post date,,
but old posts,,,nuffin new...
wth???
has the post been pulled??
why???
accredifriggginbillity for the friggin hillibillys
that means applicators and distributors and manufacturers as well,,,
or do they advertise here and its about the almighty buckster..??

i need parts
for my rig
but most the guys
are friggin pigs
i called up george
at nhsprayfoam
now im livin in
his home

burma shave
steven argus
Posted: Aug 05, 2010 09:07 PM
Maybe we need our own fourm. spray foam contractor forum.com? Foam contractor forum.com? dude you can be the moderator. No political corectness, no playing nice needed, swear all we want and bad mouth any company or person we want to. foam contractor smakdown.com? I really think it stinks outloud that some posts were pulled!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.