Q&A Forums

seeking input on new compressor Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Circle-D
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 06:27 PM
seeking input on new compressor
Hi all,
My piston compressor is having motor problems after less than 3 years. Mfg. will warranty the motor but I'm beginning the search for a rotary screw machine. Obviously the piston can't keep up with the job long term. I will repair it and retire it to being a shop cpmpressor.
Looking for input on the different brands. I have gotton quotes on the Kaeser,U.S. Air,Ingersoll Rand and a Gardner-Denver rotary vane unit. They are all with-in a few hundred dollars of one another so price really isn't an issue. Looking more for the dependability and longevity factor. I don't need to go thru this again in another couple of years. If anyone has any comments, positive or negative on these brands or others it would be helpful. Thanks for your time.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 07:04 PM
skip,,think about it
25 hrs a week run,,
40 weeks in a year may be realistic..
which gets you about a 1000hrs run time a year,,
so 3000 or there abouts in 3 years,,
not to bad for a mechanical device in a hot hellin mechanical room...
there is a reason most gensets, compressors and other industrial equip are traded/sold @ 3-4k hours,,,look at the listings,,,
work it into your business plan to trade or sell q3yrs,,get rid of the entire rig to a newbee if you can,,,he can get 3 more out of it at 1/3 time so you aint bangin his booty...if you spray regular you need to be reliable,,,
just a twisted view from the cornfield...
respectfully skip,,keep up the good work!!!
Circle-D
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 08:00 PM
Your absoulutley right 'dude....reliability. That is why it is time to upgrade. I'd rather work the rig than work on the rig.I bought everything new when I started. Troubles are plentiful when your a newbie without having marginal equipment to tend to. I still consider my self a newbie compared to some of the folks on this site. Keep my rig another season or two then maybe add another and keep old faithful for the small little 1/2 day jobs. Very good point you illustrate tho. Geez, now I need to squeeze piggy a little harder.
Hey Geo. What's the trade in value on my buggy?
LOL
steven argus
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 09:02 PM
Have the same issues here. Only I went from looking for a new commpressor to looking for a new rig. Not sure what we're doing yet. I found I could save some $$ by shopping local. Rotory screw for about $1000. less. Pistons suck! And yes, we too will retire it to the shop soon, after a rebuild.

Don't count out George though. You know he will help you when you're down. And the Kieser looks like a nice machine with not much floor space. And with his cash for clunkers program...
Circle-D
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 09:16 PM
Never count Barrack O'Spanos out. If it turns out to be a Kaeser it WILL be from SFDONE! His passion for the foam business and undying technical support he gives his customers has earned my loyalty. He has always posted to the board when someone has had a problem or needed some help. He just didn't show up with the demise of CPI.
steven argus
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 09:25 PM
"Barrack O'Spanos" !!! ROFLMAO! I too am loyal to George, even if he doesn't offer me free health care. He has sent us foam even when we were up to our eyeballs in debt w/ him. Kind of like a Spanos stimulus package.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.