Q&A Forums

Glascraft Help Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 08:27 AM
Glascraft Help
I need some help understanding hose heat sensing for these machines. From what I can see and understand, GC uses a thermocouple that senses heat coming right off the machine. I had to struggle through this a couple of times, and found that the same thermocouple (GC0922 & GC0915) were both used on the Mini III and MH machines.

Is it safe to assume this is used on all their machines, and there is no sensing of heat out by the gun? This also means that if hoses are needed by a contractor, they don't need tc wire on any units?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 08:52 AM
Yes, the hose temp thermocouple is about 12' long and goes into the first 50' of hose right off of the machine, no sensing out in the hose near the gun. I am having a hard time finding part # gc0915? Do you have the old glascraft part #? The thermocouples are different for the guardians and the MH series. That is right, no tc wire needed in the hose unless you modify the machine to use the graco FTS. If it is old glascraft hose, you will need 256835, hose conversion kit to put the graco hose on the old glascraft hose.

George
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 09:18 AM
Well I called tech support Friday and was told GC0914 and GC0915 have the same ferrule and nuts in them...yes, I got the hose conversion kit - thanks. I will post the old kits in a couple of hours when I get to the office, its only 6 a.m. over here.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 04:59 PM
I have this in my old notes...

GC0614 - old part 21214-01 ferrule kit
GC0615 - hose tc kit no old part no.

hope this helps.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 06:22 PM
Both of those parts are thermocouple ferrule kits, but I can not find them in the manual? I thought that you had thermocouple issue?

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.