Q&A Forums

retaining ring Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Linerman
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 09:49 PM
retaining ring
May sound like a dumb question. How can you tell if the threads are worn on the retaining ring? I'm pretty sure mine are but don't know what they should look like. Reason I ask I notice when I turn my material valves on I notice the retaining ring will "shift" like it's flexing from the seal cartridges pushing it out. I'm pretty sure thats not supposed to happen.
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 11:07 AM
where the heck is georgeous georgous??
what kinda pressure you puttin on this thingy??
fusion ap??
no other issues,,ie: minor fluid weeping at sideseals??
inquireing minds need to know,,,

thank you god
for makeing beer
this AZ heat
is kickin rear

burma shave
Linerman
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 05:39 PM
Yea sorry, Fusion AP, keep forgetting to add that part lol.

No issues whatsoever other than my orings(cartride and side seal) seem to fail way too soon than what others are. Wanna make sure if thats the issue.

George did mention to me on another topic that the threads could be worn on the retaining ring.

I'm spraying polyurea. I know, this is a sprayfoam site but you seem to get more answers out of here.
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 10:03 AM
spro..
try sumpin here,,,
no fluid hose block on gun,,,
air line to gun only,,air off to gun right now..
obviously gun assembled as ready to spray,,duh,,
(remember to say if this is a clean gun assembly or a gumby greased gun assembly,,lol,,pleez)
now turn the air on to the gun,,,
simple,,,what happened,,,maybe nuffin,,,maybe sumpin,,if sumpin,,,post what happened,,,
dude
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 24, 2011 07:32 AM
Don't worry, I am here! What happens is, if the threads are worn, then the side seal cartridge is not pushed in all the way and then the outer oring is not in far enough and blows out. Is that the oring that is failing? As you screw the ring on, look at the side seal cart. It should be getting pushed in as you screw the ring on. The threads on the ring should be the same height as the threads on the fluid housing.

Hope this helps,

George
Linerman
Posted: Jun 25, 2011 11:55 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. Went ahead and ordered a new one the other day. Talked to someone else and he tells me its not uncommon they wear out. Sorta knew in my gut thats been a problem.

Threads on ring definitely are not the same as on the housing, look flattened out. Yes the outer oring has been an issue.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.