Q&A Forums

Remote Safety switch Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jan 05, 2007 05:56 PM
Remote Safety switch
I usually work alone and am always worried about something going wrong, and by the time I got the system shut down that I would have a mess. I have recently tried something that has worked very well. It is not a new idea. but I thought I would share in case someone else could use the info. I bought a remote light switch for outdoor lights and a 120v solinoid valve. I put it inline going to my proportioner and drum pumps so when I hit the button it cuts the air. You could do the same electric proportioners with a contactor in the electrical box. It seems to work really well I just carry the little switch and can turn it on or off anytime I want. You can also add as many remotes as you want. I know this is not new, but I only have $100 in to it and it is a little piece of mind when I'm spraying in an attic or crawl by myself. Just thought I would share!
Posted: Jan 06, 2007 11:25 AM
it is a good idea but you still have no idea what is going on in the rig...
supply hoses,,fittings..pressure hose/fittings...
electrical short..ect...
a transfer pump can empty a 55 gallon drum in about 5 minutes....could take that long to recognize there is a problem,,,get back to the rig..access the problem and begin to remedy
it would be better to have someone to keep an eye on stuff...
hey man,,,i did it too...so thank the lord after every successful application...but remember,,,if you play the odds to long the odds will eventually work against your favor,,,,and when you can,,,get a helper,,,better yet,,train him to spray and you take care of the rig...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.