Q&A Forums

Quickie question on patching a hole Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dan White
Posted: Dec 03, 2009 12:05 AM
Quickie question on patching a hole
Our electrician will have to drop the height of an outlet box in our dining room down 3 or 4 inches. This is an exterior wall that is foam insulated. Is there something I can buy to fill the hole left when he moves the box (and before sheetrocking back up)? I'm thinking something like the Dow canned foam, but I understand this isn't really the right thing to use. Or, should I just plug the hole with fiberglas since it's a small area?

If there is an acceptable foam available, where might I find the product?

Posted: Dec 03, 2009 06:01 AM
Canned foam from home depot, lowes, walmart, wherever. Great stuff!

Dan White
Posted: Dec 04, 2009 05:52 PM
Well, that's what I wanted to be sure of. I used the canned foam on another part of the house where foam had shrunk, and others here said it wasn't the right stuff to use. Maybe on a small patch it is OK. I just wanted to know if there is something better that is easy to use. I guess I was looking for "1 part" foam that would be better than the regular stuff.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.