Q&A Forums

question about glascraft MXII Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
foamerwannabe
Posted: Oct 25, 2016 01:21 AM
question about glascraft MXII
Hi, I purchased a used MXII proportioner to do my house with and if this project works out then I hope to do some other jobs with the machine involving spraying hard coatings.. I know it is an orphan I bought, but I got a good deal with quite a few spares so I hope to learn to use and service it properly and hopefully get some good use out of it.
My question...The machine is marked on the compliance plate 208/240v. Will the machine work properly on 240V and not burn up. In the instruction manual it makes reference to 208V to the control panel. I find this to be a bit ambiguous. Thanks in advance for any guidance that you can give. I am sure more questions will be forthcoming
mason
Posted: Oct 29, 2016 04:17 PM
I waited a couple of days to answer this question. I don't know how much experience you have in applying plural component coatings and would like to discuss it with you over the phone.

Yes the machine should be able to handle 240 V if it is rated 208/240V.

But I have a lot of reservations of new applicators buying used equipment. Used equipment that has not been mothballed properly can have major issues such as
1. A side set up in hoses, heaters, proportioner pumps, transfer pumps, etc
2. Electrical issues; broken heater lines or connections, circuit board issues, etc.
3. Mechanical issues; faulty motors, bent or deformed pumps, hydraulic pump issues, leaky seals, etc.
4. Spray gun and hoses in poor shape needing replacement.

These type of issues are difficult for a new comer to diagnose, so I recommend buying new equipment and getting at least a 5 day training course on operating the equipment (classroom and hands on training) by a reputable supplier.

I would only recommend buying used equipment if you are very experienced in troubleshooting spray equipment and can tear the whole thing apart and put it back together again.

PS. I would not use the same equipment for hard coatings and spray foam. The different materials are typically not compatible and It is very hard to flush out the equipment from one application to the other.

Call me at 571-239-5221 to discuss

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.