Q&A Forums

Pricing?? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Robert Carnazzo
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 07:31 AM
Pricing??
Hello to all. I am new to the business, just ordered my rig. I already got several calls and have been sweet talking them... I was hoping to get an idea on pricing, how much over cost, different circumstances... any and all welcome
quentin
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 02:23 PM
Each job has variables but I did a basic price sheet for new construction and base it on double the chemical costs, axle fee after a specified distance, return charge for repairs required by other contractors or homeowners messing things up rewiring or etc but beyond that it gets tricky.
richard sucher II
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 11:19 AM
Did you do a business plan? Your sell price is based on anticipated overhead - insurance, rent, taxes, debt payment, etc as well as cost of materials, etc. How much money do you want to make - pay yourself hourly or salary?

Do you know the competitive situation in your area? Better know yours costs not their selling price. They could easily be driving themselves into the ground and you would be not far behind if all you do is price yourself to beat them.

BAD BUSINESS IS EASY TO FIND!!!!!!!! Get partial payment in advance of starting work with new customers - protect yourself from slow pay - do not hesitate to file liens on past due accounts. Just good business.

Having been in business for thirty years, it is kind of scary to hear you asking this question. This is something that you should already know. Good luck.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.