Q&A Forums

Price Increases Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 02:13 PM
Price Increases
We got a letter from NCFI saying that they will be increasing prices of all of their polyurethane systems 7 cents per pound on September 13, 2010. Has anyone heard of increases from other companies yet? Usually when one ups the price, the others are soon to follow.
Brian Bothun
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 10:17 PM
Demilec had an .08 cents a pound increase but my distributor ate it to keep our prices the same. Another reason why IDI will stay my distributor.
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 09:07 AM
Looks like Dow is going up 7 cents per pound also.
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 10:04 PM
next time the rep comes in the door...
put on
Everlast..so long...
and smile real nice at em....

friggin 9.5% unemployment..
building trades industry in perils...
july had the lowest new home starts in years...
bang bang,,shoot shoot,,in the foot you friggin morons...just when we start to make in roads...
richard sucher II
Posted: Sep 08, 2010 02:36 PM
Just received notice that NCFI has rolled back its seven cent price increase attempt. No increase at this time.
Daniel X
Posted: Sep 08, 2010 07:25 PM
Sounds like they were over charging you buy 8 cents to begin with...
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Sep 09, 2010 05:21 PM
cobb88, did they send you a letter?
richard sucher II
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 08:53 AM
contacted personally by sales rep. have not received letter. All of us would like to get more money for our services and/or materials - current conditions do not allow. I know darn well what we do is worth more but there are alot of guys doing what we do. Hard, if not impossible, to distinguish quality workmanship and get a premium for it. DL123 - are you trying to tell me that if you tried to get 5% more for your work that you were really overcharging your customers. Many contractors are in survival mode, not profitability. I, for one, would like to have some money in the bank at the end of the day instead of just being paid a wage. Can't have this much fun tomorrow.
steven argus
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 10:24 AM
Try shopping around for a new distributor.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.