Q&A Forums

Price increases Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 08:45 AM
Price increases
Dow announced price increases for their products. Has anyone else's spray foam material prices increased? If so, what percentage? Lookin like Dow brand is up somewhere around 10%. I have to believe that everyone will raise their prices somewhat. I just hope this is it for a while.
D. Backes
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 09:44 AM
All my roofing foam prices have gone up twice this year already. About 10 cents a lb each time. Coatings too. Low density foams haven't affected me yet but I expect they will soon. I already posted about this a month or 2 ago and got no response. I hope everyone is paying attention out there.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 09:11 PM
I have seen 8-16 cents per pound so far this year from almost every supplier I know of. I too hope that this is it for a while, but with soaring oil costs, I don't know.

George
richard sucher II
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 08:59 AM
just received email notice of price increase of $.08/lb. from BASF Foam Enterprises. Effective July. As if high density systems are not hard enough to sell. The beat goes on.
Craig Lowry
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 06:06 PM
Dow announced yesterday that they would be having a 25% increase across the board on all raw materials before the end of July.
When will this oil crap end?
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 08:01 PM
It's hard to even quote jobs now. They announce price increases, but are slow to relay the new exact pricing to the suppliers. The increases are far too high to just eat. With soaring energy prices, more and more people are inquiring about spray foam. With these kind of material price increases though, it's gonna be a very hard sell now. I can forsee giving a lot of quotes and not getting many jobs.

When you quote a job, how long do you guarantee the price? We have been doing 30 days, but if the timing is bad, it could hurt now.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.