Q&A Forums

Spraying underside of a flat roof building Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
John Dilibero
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 08:22 AM
Spraying underside of a flat roof building
Just a few quick questions. I was contacted to spray the under side of a 1600 sq ft building. They want to spray 1.9lb, 4inches thick on the ceiling. Are there any tricks to keep it from dripping down while spraying? I have heard of using chicken wire. Can any confirm or help me out?
mason
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 09:23 AM
Sprayfoam should not drip under any circumstances. Most sprayfoam has a rise time of between 3 to 12 seconds which allows you to spray overhead. If your foam is dripping one of the following is causing it.
1. the temperature is set too low,
2. you are applying too thick a pass (no more than 1.5 inches at a time unless your manufacturer specifies differently)
3. or it is off ratio.
Craig Lowry
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 06:12 PM
Spraying over head can be difficult. Try turning down your pressure to around 800 or 900 psi. and making sure you keep your tip clean to insure a good spray pattern.
No chicken wire is necessary for a successful overhead application
Rob Granger
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 11:23 PM
Has anyone sprayed a flat through chicken wire? How does it go?
mason
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 11:48 AM
We used chicken wire to make decorative shapes that we would spray with foam. (sharks, fish, dinosaurs,etc) for tourist shops. We would wrap the chicken wire with burlap and spray to that. I see no reason for it other than to shape the foam.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.