Q&A Forums

Overspray... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 07:12 PM
Overspray...
Anyone ever have any of this? Big smile.

We get it on our trucks all the time, and it normally comes off in 30-60 days.

In `93 I sprayed our Datsun Maxima badly (intentionally). It was parked on the west side of a roof we were spraying and I hammered it pretty good (even aimed the gun at it for two seconds). It was November. I got some strange looks as I drove it through town the next week. We parked it in our lot and left it sit outside. By late February, the whole car was spotless.

What kind of stories do you have?

gcw
Posted: Jul 01, 2006 10:45 AM
sometimes the rig gets some drift...and it comes off with the power washer in about 30 days or so...
bought me an anderson door last week :( ...
i scratched the glass trying to "clean it up"...
ted macks amateur hour type mistake for sure...but it was a bad day all around...mercury is in retrograde ya know...havent had that happen for about 4 years now...

i ordered a "glob" of clay magic and am gonna give it a try on a few surfaces,,if it works on the finish on auto's it may be versitile for us..we'll see and we'll let ya know how it goes (for a fee of course,,just kiddin,,,i kill myself sometimes :) )

we cover tubs the minute we enter a building..we dont remove them till we are ready to leave the site...as we do fireplaces...

a glass freind of mines says "foamy glass cleaner is the only way to go"..he is right,,the bubbles really get things loosened up...

stories...check out the new topic...
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 04, 2006 05:05 PM
Clay Magic works real well.

The worst overspray was working next to a new car dealer one day in `94....

Learned a couple lessons that week.

gcw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.