Q&A Forums

open cell roof coating question Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Glenn Gamblin
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 10:33 PM
open cell roof coating question
I just spray foamed my first roof with .5 lb open cell foam and am having a real hard time coating it. How do you paint it without leaving foot prints in the foam?
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 10:43 PM
Dude. That's funny. I mean you just put one big smile on my face.

Open cell on a roof... That's great.
Glenn Gamblin
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 10:53 PM
Haha, I had been deep in thought after having sprayed foam for fourteen hours straight and thought it would be kinda funny to write that. I really should start wearing a respirator!
Roger Morrison
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 03:35 PM
Whew! When I read the first post I thought someone had actually done that!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 09:23 AM
850 mils of polyurea should help.
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 05:13 PM
Every time that I see the post pop up, I get a chuckle out of it.

Way to keep it light!
quentin
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 11:34 AM
You mean you can't just spray some exterior latex from Lowe's on it? Hmm, I need to refigure this quote for my first roofing job then!
Dan Beecher
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 11:10 AM
The funny thing is a guy in Northern Minnesota did that. He sprayed several fish houses on the exterior with icynene. The resort painted them with brown paint. Couldn't figure out why their plywood was taking on so much water. Guess you could call it job security for us.
Leonard Stansbury
Posted: May 10, 2009 04:20 PM
all can is ha ha hah ahah hahah ahhah
Kevin McGinty
Posted: May 10, 2009 10:20 PM
HA haha!! sure will be easy to tear off! Warranty up as soon as you walk off the roof!
Posted: May 15, 2009 03:17 PM
Saturday, it was hot as heck in the attic of a new construction and I was spraying 1/2 pound. Over and overhang (less than 10 X 10), I sprayed 5 inches of OC and then a little while later, I stepped onto when I was trying to move to another spot.

I had to laugh as I was left with a perfect footprint and it reminded me of this post.

Keep it light!

Steve
Robert Carnazzo
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 02:53 PM
OMG I don't think I have ever laughed so hard... It was one that was uncontrolable for a min. or so then keeps creaping up on you... thanks...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.