Q&A Forums

New web marketing resource for small SPF contractors Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Thomas Tisthammer
Posted: Jul 05, 2008 08:45 PM
New web marketing resource for small SPF contractors
Visit this address & have a look at this free Google service & what can be done with it in a couple of hours if you are already doing some PowerPoint stuff- Click on "slideshow", then set the slide timer for 9-10 seconds & maximize
Good luck-

Let me know what you think...

http://picasaweb.google.com/WANDWEB/WattleDaubContractorsSPFPresentation
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 07, 2008 08:49 PM
Nice, BP.

How you like that Romer?

gcw
Thomas Tisthammer
Posted: Jul 09, 2008 08:32 PM
We have used the Romer for years & find that it works well on jobs larger than about 75 squares. I had to build a new arm to accommodate my Probler because the original would fit only the GX7. It is only a machine, however, & will make the same stupid mistake over & over. It seems to work better with slower foam formulations but once dialed in, it is unbeatable. It can do a much better job longer than a man can but it won't replace the spray mechanic. You still need a good mechanic to operate the unit. His job is now much less tiring, however, so he can spend more time tuning the machine & attending to the general application. It works great if you have to deal with wind(as we do here). It can't do the details & it has clearance problems around units but it will make your day much easier on the right job. Maintenance is low because the unit is simple. Mine was built in '91 so God help me if I need circuit board electronics but it has been trouble free so far. Cough up the money & save your arm & shoulder. Move into the machine age & put the technology to work....
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 10:15 AM
Cool. Sounds like one of Irv's old machines. I saw Irv demo one of them at the `89 PCFD convention in Florida.
Wind... Is there anyplace that doesn't get it?

Have you tried any of the water-blown roofing foam? We've sprayed a couple sets of Freedom Foam 3000 and like the way it sprays out. Tough stuff too.

Have you tried any polyureas for roofing? We like the hybrid aluminums.

Hoping your pattern improves,

oG

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.