Q&A Forums

New foam alternatives.... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: May 12, 2006 12:01 AM
New foam alternatives....
Have any of you tried the recent foam variations like 1.2 pound waterblown, and 1.6-pound 245 foam?

I recently ordered three sets of 2-pound waterblown closed cell. Looking forward to trying it.

We also ordered a couple sets of a 245fa 1.6 pound rigid foam. Yields about 6000 ft² according to the distributor. We will see.

I appreciate the innovations that are moving into the vacuum caused by the brutal pricing of the 245 fa agents. 245fa is also very fussy regarding the boiling point.

These innovations are needed in our industry. Kudos to the guiding thinkers behind them. We also have heard about a 1.7-pound waterblown rigid. Looking forward to trying that soon.

Fiberglass ain't got us yet :).

gcw
Posted: May 14, 2006 06:53 AM
gcw..
please post your experience with the water blown closed cell,,
if i can get away from 245,,good ridence..
lets see,,,
dont let it get below 60 degrees,,but dont let it get above 80 degrees,,,yeah,,,thats the ticket...
a 20 degree handleing window,,,great R&D...
"air condition your trailer in the summer..heat it in the winter" cross your fingers and pray i think they want to say...
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: May 14, 2006 12:38 PM
Amen, `dude!

As to the closed cell water-blown, the weather has delayed our getting into it. I'll let you know what we discover.

gcw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.