Q&A Forums

Need help fast in NW Colorado Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 01:24 PM
Need help fast in NW Colorado
Hi Guys

I realize that this doesn't belong here. A building company approached me a month or so which is about 3 hours where I am from on a very small easy job.

They have roughly 160 sq. ft undercarriage on a fire pump building (mounted on a metal skid) that needed R-24 Closed Cell per code.

Its a small job and since it is 6 hours round trip, I figured that I would fit it in over a weekend when I am not doing anything.

My quote was $4.00 per sq. ft plus the difference in my minimum charge for an insulation job, which was $1200.00 total.

I never heard back from them until this morning and they evidently found someone who was willing to do cheaper.

Long story short, the guy never showed up and the truck is leaving Louisiana at 5:00 this afternoon for NW Colorado.

They need someone to foam the 160 ft. undercarriage (simple job, they will lift up the building for someone to spray 3.5 inches of 2# closed cell) and they are willing to pay the $1200.00 to get it done.

I am on a 10,000 sq. ft roofing job and couldn't do it if I wanted.

I am not a di...c... (you get the point) and even though the other guy didn't show up and they didn't bother to call me until it was to late, I offered to try to find someone to do the job this monday for them.

If you guys know of someone, you are welcome to call me at (225) 229-4910 and you can charge more or less, that is your call, but I will put you in touch with the company that needs to get this done.

Give me a call if you know of anyone that would be willing to do such a small job.

Thanks,

Steve (225) 229-4910
www.alphaonespf.com
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 01:55 PM
Not sure where that is!
Curtis Bell
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 03:34 PM
You were going to drive from LA. to CO. for $1200 ??!!
Terrance Harris
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 06:19 PM
Your material supplier may know if there is a reputable contractor close to the job.
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 10:10 PM
We are a little crazy, but not that crazy. The job was in Louisiana and since it was out of my way, I just bid a minimum $1200.00 (won't move the rig for less) and was beat out by another sprayer.

No big deal, but the company called today and the other applicator didn't show up for whatever reason. I couldn't help them out because I was spraying a roof.

I was just trying to help the customer out!

Steve
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 09:42 AM
Steve
The way I see it is they have two options. They can haul it to your job site so you could spray it there, or have your supplier locate a contractor in Colorado.
I've had similar situations and sometimes you just can't help people. It's not your fault they were to cheap to have you do it in the first place.
richard sucher II
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:41 AM
Have the customer buy a 600 board foot kit of closed cell and they can spray the thing themselves. end of story.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 06:36 PM
Thanks Guys

Customer called this afternoon and took care of the problem.

Steve
Curtis Bell
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 07:43 PM
Ok, just checking Bayou. :)

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.