Q&A Forums

JM Corbond III Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Apr 02, 2011 08:47 AM
JM Corbond III
As stated in an ad on this site:

JM Corbond III SPF has one of the highest yields of any closed-cell spray foam insulation and a lift thickness of three inches per pass. It offers an R-value of R-19 at a thickness of 3 inches and R-38 at 6 inches, providing a home with superior thermal performance, advanced air sealing and structural strength.

Has anyone sprayed this in 3" thick lifts without a problem? Also, what kind of yields do you get? The product data sheet says 5200 bf and it is 2.0 pound foam. Seems kinda high for 2 pound foam. Any other thoughts on this foam? I couldn't find an ICC-ES report for it.
steven argus
Posted: Apr 02, 2011 09:19 AM
Yup, everthing they claim is true. 3 inch lift, no prob. 5000+ BF, yup. Very nice foam. We sprayed 20 degree steel like it was a nice summer day. I personally believe the difference is the ISO. They use American ISO (Huntsman) not the Chinesse stuff.

The problem w/ the foam is the big $$$. It's just too much money. Yes, even with the additional BF.
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Apr 02, 2011 09:29 AM
I haven't priced it yet and I know most people don't like posting prices on here. Could you send me a message with a material cost? Thanks.
steven argus
Posted: Apr 02, 2011 06:22 PM
Message sent.
Daniel X
Posted: Apr 02, 2011 07:49 PM
I sure wish I could still spray 3" lifts without problems, this new blowing agent formula limits me to 2" under good conditions...
Circle-D
Posted: Apr 02, 2011 09:21 PM
MichiganFoamer
Bayer has their Bayseal CC & PP (winter blend)that they say can be sprayed in a maximum lift of 3".They state an aged R-value of 21 at 3" and 41 at 6". This is all stated on their data sheet as well as their ICC-ES report #2072. It also has a perm rating of less than 1 at 1"of thickness,thereby qualifing it as a vapor retarder.
It is a 1.9lb foam. I get ~4000 bd.ft.per set and it is comparably priced with other foams on the market.
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Apr 03, 2011 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone. Just checking out what foams are available. We usually find something that works well and stick with it. Figured we would try a couple new foams to see if our life can be made easier.
Daniel X
Posted: Apr 03, 2011 04:20 PM
I wish we had more options up here, the old-stuff worked much better before the "non-ozone depleting" foams came out...
Cory Boehs
Posted: Apr 03, 2011 07:00 PM
Circle-D, I agree with you on Bayer. we are loving it..... Lays down nice and smooth
quentin
Posted: Apr 03, 2011 10:08 PM
We started using the Henry Permax 1.8lb and I love it. The pressures seem to balance a lot better, sprays nice and yields are good.
steven argus
Posted: Apr 03, 2011 10:15 PM
dl123, just 2" lifts?!? I thought you were super foam man? Just bustin your chops man. Good to see your still mortal, like the rest of us.

What kind of problems you seeing?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.