Q&A Forums

indoor aquatics area Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
travis fails
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 09:47 AM
indoor aquatics area
I have a G.C. that is building an indoor rehab pool and in thier specs they call for closed cell
on the roof next to a interior wall the spray area consist of an area of 3" wide 3" thick and 170' long that is 30' in the air. This will also be exposed. I've been spraying open cell for 4 years and just sprayed my first job with closed cell. Is this job worth the effort? And can a good sprayer acomplish this for an exposed finish? Any info will help

From what I understand there is no backing on the sides just a flat roof
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 02:06 PM
Roofing is a different animal than wall foam, in technique and application.

Plus you don't have to warranty a studwall foam job for 10-years +...
Posted: May 02, 2008 08:54 PM
travis,,as you get started in this business,,,you will have many oportunities that come your way that are,,,well,,,pretty much scutt work,,,more hassel then they are worth,,,and the contractor will want you to do it for sidewall price,,of fiberglass insulation...
you got to know when to hold em...
know when to fold em...

sell this guy a froth pack,,,mark it up about 4 times so you are competive with the filterglass/froth pak dudes,,,and let him dangle in the air...

oh,,and the foam,,froth pak,,,board stock,,,or spray foam will need a coating to protect from the elements and uv degradation...

oh,,and just how did he insulate the aquatic area??? filterglass and a vapor barrier???
Posted: May 02, 2008 08:54 PM
travis,,as you get started in this business,,,you will have many oportunities that come your way that are,,,well,,,pretty much scutt work,,,more hassel then they are worth,,,and the contractor will want you to do it for sidewall price,,of fiberglass insulation...
you got to know when to hold em...
know when to fold em...

sell this guy a froth pack,,,mark it up about 4 times so you are competive with the filterglass/froth pak dudes,,,and let him dangle in the air...

oh,,and the foam,,froth pak,,,board stock,,,or spray foam will need a coating to protect from the elements and uv degradation...

oh,,and just how did he insulate the aquatic area??? filterglass and a vapor barrier???

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.