Q&A Forums

Idiot supplier.... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: May 04, 2011 03:52 PM
Idiot supplier....
So we did a job because the client had planned to do it himself and got a brand new machine cheap. Ok, a Graco Mightymite is bottom line but would have done what he needed. The machine is now trashed because the idiot that sold it to him only gave two minutes saying spray this way and that and put him on his way. Nothing on how to judge foam, nothing on maintenance, nothing on repairs. What kind of idiot suppliers do crap like this to people!?!?!?

Well I will be nice and see if I can fix it since he thinks it is a rod or check ball in the main pumps and if not I made a call to see about getting it fixed by JT. Either way, he had no idea about safety or anything because the idiot XXX at XXXXXXXX who cost him a few grand he would have been able to spend on having enough materials and etc for us to do the job fully correct instead of pushing the limits of a foam roofing system.

Oh, if you don't remember him, he is the one on eBay selling 0.6lb closed cell foam. Normally I avoid naming names but after seeing this and other things he has done, here is someone Graco and everyone else should stop supplying since they hurt the entire industry.
Brian Bothun
Posted: May 04, 2011 05:40 PM
I wish the mods wouldve left this one alone..
It will be interesting when he reads this and responds.
Posted: May 04, 2011 06:47 PM
..so where are those SEALs when you need them,,,

quentin,,,why help him fix hix friggin rig,,,
let him choke on his project,,,fix hix own rig,,not your problem,,,you got your own problems right???
bid job at your original job cost this should cover the cluster to "fix it",,,
how its done in the world...
f'em,,,feed em fish,,,god bless...
and bread too right caravelli??
quentin
Posted: May 04, 2011 07:19 PM
Brian, I have no problems with the changes since I understand why they are done.

dude, this is a spray and run job, no warranty or etc but he paid us a lot more already since we added to the scope of the work so we could get it as well as we did. Weird job and situation on it but he plans to pay me for the fix too. Not a lot of money to do it but I will get it running right so he can sell it off and not lose the whole costs on a non-working machine.

BTW, the 0.6lb CLOSED CELL foam he sells on eBay should be enough for people to figure out who it is. Kind of surprised none of his clients that bought it haven't sued him out of business for that one!
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 04, 2011 08:36 PM
The mighty mite has not been available for a while. Not sure how long. When did he buy it? These things happen alot unfortunately.

George
Posted: May 04, 2011 09:09 PM
Took me forever to find on Ebay.

CP Something sold me my machine and I never heard back from them again.

I told them what I was doing and had the money to buy whatever I needed. So to insulate a 50,000 sq ft building and put a roof on, they sold me an E-20 with 50' of hose. I fricking wish they would have talked me into an H-40 or H-50 back then with 400' of hose.

Sprayfoam.com and Utube finally tought me how to spray, not CPSomething.

BTW, they had a 100% customer rating on Ebay

Things have a way at working out eventually. Sooner or later, karma comes a calling!
quentin
Posted: May 04, 2011 09:14 PM
He bought it in a last 2 years. It was also modified apparently by the company to hold a pair of square 5gallon containers on it.
Daniel X
Posted: May 08, 2011 02:09 AM
Is this the guy who sells machines that look like chinese versions of Gusmer's FF units? And some gun that looks like a splatter/texture coat gun?
John Shockney
Posted: May 08, 2011 11:22 AM
and the Fastkick gun

Airpro
quentin
Posted: May 08, 2011 11:54 AM
yup!
John Shockney
Posted: May 08, 2011 12:37 PM
Quentin,

this is the customer in Lexington right?

Airpro
quentin
Posted: May 08, 2011 02:03 PM
YUP! That is the one. We have to go back there soon since there are a couple of leaks. One I can't figure out how or where exactly it is leaking since the foam and etc were OK and the other I can see where his people penetrated it. Not a lot to fix it all at least and he has more he wants me to do anyways.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.