Q&A Forums

I challange you Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Eric Sparks
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 05:22 PM
I challange you
I am about out of busines and I know why. Somethings are my fault and others are not and I want to talk to you about the part that is not. That topic will be the price of foam. I challange any of you to do the right thing and make a formal complaint to the Department Of Justice. This price fixing or price gouging that these companies are doing to us the business owner and the consumer is wrong and illeagal. If you are tired of getting ripped off, make a simple phone call to the Department Of Justice. I have talked to a man named John Greaney of the DOJ about this subject before, he is a lawyer with the anti-trust dept of the DOJ. Tell him about the wrong doings of these chemical companies. It will not hurt you or your busines if you make a complaint, stand up and do whats right.
Thanks and good luck Sparky
DOJ
John Greaney
1-202-305-9965
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 08:34 PM
..and you have a grasp on what the
cost of the raw materials are???
you have a concept of the cost of running a
blending facility,,,obtaining the required testing,,,of paying the sales force,,the office force,,the advertising,,the insurance???

i can understand your frustration at loosing your business,,but to place blame and then take the position of a friggin narc....sheesh,,,

you should have done your research into the industry before you took the plunge,,,you should have understood your costs,,materials,,labor,,operating,,advertising,,and all the others so you could better understood your pricing and subsequent market,,,

this product has been used in the world for 30 years,,yes,,the price has gone up about a 1/3 since the "insulation revolution" has hit,,,
since the non-ozone depleteing blowing agent change,,,

if this was racketering,,the doj and ricco would have done their job a long time ago...

uh,,i just paid $125 for a friggin yard of concrete,,,thats sand, rock and water and cement,,,the yard went 10x10x~4"...the market pays what the market can handle,,,theres newbee peeps sprayin the same area oc for the same money round here,,,and they will be with ya john,,in a short while,,,

why not ask the sysop to pull your post so you dont seem like some whiney fella,,,i know it is painful,,,i know you want to succeed,,,but this aint the way,,,

respectfully,,
'dude
Ivan Pauliuchenka
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 08:33 AM
I am with Foamdude on this one.
The price is fair for what it is. Look at the other services and product pricing to compare.
You should know that one test that allows manufacture to sell the product on the market cost $5k-$20K or even more like ICC-ES.
Sparky - if foam is not so popular in you area this time or out of budget for the most peeps, try other area, try flash and batt - got to do smth. Try spraying your self not hire some one. There is always the way.
NO crying in business. It is hard times out there for everybody, don`t make it look like you hurt the most. People loosing homes, man. Keep a good attitude, don`t give up.
Eric Sparks
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 12:04 PM
I understand they the chemical company's have cost's but do you really think this raw material really cost that much? The volumes they deal with is huge. So come on dont kid your self they are robbing us. Tell me what was the cost in 2000? whats the cost now? Tell me why has it gone up? Fuel was one reason they gave us, fuel has went back down why hasnt our material? This is nothing new for bayer basf and other company's like them. They have been fined millions of dollars in the past for this same reason. you can think what ever you want about my narc approach to this but the truth is, the reason somthing hasnt been done is the attitude you have that nothing is wrong. you'r right, I should have done better research of this industry, but I kept running into guys that just wanted to sell a rig. When I tried to ask questions on this site I was told to learn it the hard way like everyone else. I have no excuses and I am not giving any. My troubles are my own fault but that still doesnt change the fact that you cannot shop these materials. Ask your self these questions please. why when we have a price increase does the price increase across the board? why has our price increased so much over the past 10 years? If we are gaining ground and our product is becoming more popular, doesnt the price uisually go down with higher volume? If you dont agree with me thats your right and godbless you. All I ask is just give it some thought there are to many questionable things around the price of material. I'm just saying they have done it once why wouldnt they do it again. Ask your salesman does he or she think that there is price fixing going on. I have spoke with several independant sales firms and suppliers they agree that it is happening and it is just excepted. Again if you dont agree I understand I just have these questions. goodluck and godbless
Ivan Pauliuchenka
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 06:53 PM
http://www.icispricing.com/il_shared/Samples/SubPage176.asp

Price fixing as you say could be everywhere - car makers, medical stuff is outrages and anything that is made by a FEW in the world - this is chemical, you dont know how much it cost to get that stuff. check the link - seems like the whole world pays about $500 a drum of ISO if buy it raw in tonns not drums.
I see you mad at economy and inflation.
Any salesman will be happy to sell as much as possible and they will sell more if the ISO would be a $100 a drum :) so they UN happy too.., no doubt.

Why car use to cost $5000, Why we pay that much for medical stuff? why? why? why? Stop complaining - you not alone. You could be FIXING prices your self ;)
I don`t see any reason to waste time for such a complain. Try do contact ISO manufacture in China or here in US - you can get that stuff raw. But then try to get manufacture of B resin. By the time you done... yeaaa... you guess
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 05:27 PM
The cost of a set of foam in 2000 was $1237. $1110 in quantities.

The EP-useless-A mandated the removal of the remaning 2% of CFC from 141b blowing agent in 2005. This resulted in going from 5-suppliers of blowing agent to one supplier (Honeywell). Then came the ISO shortages of 11-04 through 2005. These two factors drove the price of a set of foam up t0 $1800. Since then, the price of a set of foam has reached an average equilibrium of $2000.

Live with it, learn from it. Price your products so you can make some money, and keep the trigger pulled, instead of complaining about the suppliers. The glass is still half full.

og
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 10, 2010 09:23 PM
Sparky,

How much has the foam gone up since you got into the business? If you locked in with a supplier and your material cost has doubled, then I would agree, you have something to complain about. However, if materials have gone up only about 5% since you got started, then how can it be the suppliers fault? I remember when you first started posting about 4 years ago and you were not in the business. We are selling foam for close to the same price as we were 4 years ago.

George
Terrance Harris
Posted: May 11, 2010 02:57 AM
Mr. Burma Shave. "This product has been used in the world for 30 years." You sure about that?
Posted: May 11, 2010 06:23 AM
uh roofer maddness
good buddy

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.