Q&A Forums

HOSE!!! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
shane jamieson
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 02:46 PM
HOSE!!!
I am having black stuff in my filter on the resin side only.Do i need to flush the hose ? or is it time for a new hose?.And drum filter is clean on the resin side .Been going on for some time now but really bad in the last 3 weeks.Cleaning after 3oo strokes or so.
Layton Warren
Posted: Jan 01, 2010 03:06 PM
Black stuff on the Y strainer filter on the pressure pump after the supply pump? If this is the case it could be an internal breakdown of supply line. Probably change the hose as flushing it may only make it worse and cause a failure of the hose.
Posted: Jan 01, 2010 04:59 PM
We have been seeing the same thing on the B Side and I don't think it is the supply hose. Barrels are white w/band heaters installed.

I assumed it was either interior linings of the barrels or trash at the bottom of the b side.

I have it narrowed down to one manafacturer.
shane jamieson
Posted: Jan 01, 2010 06:35 PM
So you think it is the resin drum ?
Posted: Jan 03, 2010 09:49 PM
Yes, I am positive. To prove my point to the manafacturer, we strained a 50 gallon drum and had 6 ounces of trash out of that one barrel.

Normally I am spraying with an 03 tip and no filters on the gun and whatever passes through the y screen usually will pass through the spray chamber.

I didn't really notice the problem till I went to an 01 Spray Chamber with Screens. Every time I felt the gun go off ration, I would check my screens and the B side was always clogged with black stuff.

I worked the problem backwards to the y screen, which was full also. Disconnected the pumps from the drum and found the contanaments in the B Side Drum.

6 ounces may not seem like a lot by volume, but it is a pain in the butt to pull up material that is off ratio.
Posted: Jan 04, 2010 03:40 AM
..one time,,,at band camp...
had a manufacturer actually take "blame" for the little black chunks of rubber lookin schtuff that was in the resin drums...

i forget the particulars..but to summarize,,
it seems they "drained" their blending facilities (out with the summer,,in with the winter blend) and that this was contaminate in the bottom of the tanks,,along with,,a shredded oring or shredded tank liner...or sumpin like that...

if you have a few drums of the resin with the same batch,,have em swap em out...
if they wont,,pump over to uncontaminated drum utilizing filters at the foot....
dont forget to tell em to go to hell and get a reputable vendor as well.. :)

"felt the gun go off..." funny aint it,,you can feel the change,,,i try to express that to my newbee gundude's,,but until you feel it,,,it is hard to explain the sensation...

hope all is well for you,,,bayouboy,,,
prosporus new year to ya!!!
'dude
Posted: Jan 04, 2010 11:34 AM
Happy New Years to you to dude! I am an over the shoulder guy, which puts the whip right next to my neck.

I can feel pressure change from the airline to the A&B lines and hear it as well. Plus, I have screwed up enough over the years to know when something bad is about to happen.

There is nothing like running across a roof after a crossover while the gun is in full spray mode looking for a nut wrench. ISO is the worse to clean up, followed by Resin.

Ah, good times!!!!

Happy New Years to you guys!

Steve

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.