Q&A Forums

HMI Fusion Pro attachment Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 23, 2013 09:07 AM
HMI Fusion Pro attachment
Please tell me anyone that is having good luck with this? I have some guys crossing this over daily, the side seals are brass and have to be screwed down to the mixing chamber, there is not any tension holding them tight. After they did their presentation last year at SPFA, that sucked major, I figured there would be a lot of these going out into the field when they told everyone they could make big big bucks injecting foam into the ground with some basic equipment such as the E20.

Any other people working on these guns?
bryce kennedy
Posted: Oct 23, 2013 06:59 PM
Check out primeresins.com they have a gun they sell made just to prevent crossover when you hit back pressure. I like it but have nothing to compare it to as when I went looking it was the gun I decided on.
Posted: Oct 24, 2013 02:38 PM
So sorry to hear your frustrated. The number one way to avoid cross overs is through proper installation and operation.

For manuals, videos, equipment and installation advice please contact the HMI Service Department.
1 (800) 414 0049. They can help you identify and repair the problems you are having.

HMI also has training that is extremely helpful to learning the new trade with the equipment you know so well.

TJ Peters

Posted: Oct 24, 2013 04:16 PM
The issues are probably due to not enough training/experience or bad technique. We have had great success with the attachment.
You can contact SFS at 877-737-4362 and our techs can assist them as well.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 24, 2013 09:02 PM
I was hoping to hear some peeps that use it and their experiences with the brass and scratched mixing chamber issues. Not just peeps that sell it, but thank you.

Any GRACO distributors had them in for repair?
Kyle & Son
Posted: Oct 27, 2013 08:41 AM
I've been using this attachment for about six months. I don't have any problems with the brass faces of the side seals scratching the mixing chamber. The backup issue can almost certainly be traced to understanding how the equipment needs to be setup as well as how to prep the job correctly. The folks at HMI have been extremely helpful with any problems or questions that I have had.Minimal issues for us.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 27, 2013 05:06 PM
Well, I got 2 responses via email - one said:

I couldn’t get there seals to work for me; we made our own out of a cutting board from a chocolate factory. We had them machined to fit. Haven’t changed seals sense. This is not as easy as they make it to seem. We lift one week a month now, and changing over from one foam to the other is where we lose money. You have to get all the regular foam out your system. They don’t use regular foam. All they do is lift.

The other said piece of sXXX.

I think you can use regular 2 or 4 lb foam, I would stay with a 4 lb myself, if I was to do it, but I am not.
Jerald Sargent
Posted: Nov 15, 2013 02:29 PM
Let me start off by explaining the problem with the fusion gun as it relates to Slabjacking and HMI's fix to the problem. As you know the fusion is an air purge gun with spring loaded side seals. Unlike insulation work, Slabjacking can create massive back-pressure, as back-pressure is created the springs compress which causes a massive crossover, this crossover is under pressure so it is much harder to clean than a simple crossover. To solve this problem HMI developed the fusion pro front end. The fusion pro eliminates the Graco side seal set up in favor of a screw tight side seal with brass seals. First the positives, no more replacing mix chambers due to scratching. The brass, being a weaker metal is a wear part, less costly than Gracos side seals and mix chambers and lasts for months. HMI has eliminated 95% of the gun issues we have been dealing with in the past, along with the most of the money for o-rings, mix chambers, side seals and the literally hours in gun maintenance, time that is now spent making money.
Now the negative - you still are dealing with an art as much as a science, you need to invest the time to learn how the gun FEELS as you develop back pressure so you know when to stop and what to do to continue the lift. You mention folks "crossing over daily" the problem could be insufficient air pressure to overcome back-pressure as the foam tries to expand back into the gun, remember you are in an enclosed environment and without enough air to keep the injection hole open you will back up the gun, I run mine at 120psi Further causes can be a failure to tighten the side seals enough to "seal" the material, there is a simple test to determine if you are leaking and correcting it is fairly simple. I do not recommend injecting a "port" multiple times as they often leak a bit as it "punches through" the material, the leaking over time creates reduced airflow and eventually backups. In conclusion, the HMI fusion pro has been well worth the investment (I have two) it has made our jobs so much easier and has eliminated, as I said 95% of the issues we were dealing with from the standard fusion AP.
John Shockney
Posted: Nov 16, 2013 03:08 PM
Has anyone tried slab-jacking with the Probler P-2 gun??

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.