Q&A Forums

Graco FTS Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jun 02, 2011 09:49 AM
Graco FTS
I am wondering if there is a way to adapt the Graco Fluid Temperature Sensor for use on a Glascraft machine? There is three wires coming out of the FTS but only 2 wires on the Glascraft machine. Any suggestions or help? Thanks guys.
John Shockney
Posted: Jun 02, 2011 11:11 AM
Temp sensors for the GlassCraft machines are just standard thermocouple sensors like used with Fluke, other test meters, and panel mounted controllers used to control temp in industrial processes.

Grainger supply has some of these thermocouple sensors and there are other industrial suppliers with a wide selection of them.

I think they use type-K

Posted: Jun 02, 2011 09:01 PM
You can use the graco fts on the glascraft units. How old is your glascraft and what machine is it? Do you have original glascraft hose, or do you have hose from when graco took over? If you have glascraft hose, the hydraulic fittings will be different and you will have to buy a hose conversion kit in order to make the fluid connections work. You will need to buy the thermocouple extension wire (purple) and connect it to the controller where the current thermocouple wire goes. You then need to reprogram the controler to accept the graco fts as it is a different type than the glascraft.

George Spanos
Spray Foam Distributors of NE Inc
Posted: Jun 16, 2011 07:49 PM
Wow, thanks George, have you programmed one? I tried to program some Ogdens for the ff and had a hell of a time.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.