Q&A Forums

Getting Noticed Nationwide Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dwight Thevenot
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 02:51 PM
Getting Noticed Nationwide
I am writing this because of a discussion I am writing this because of a discussion another contractor and I had the other day. What can WE do to get commercials about the benefits of Spray Foam insulation on the air or the drawbacks to Fiberglass and Cellulose? How can We come together and shove our product to the top when we know it is the BEST. It doesn’t look like our foam or equipment manufacturers are going to do it.

What is everyone’s thought on this issue?
philip mullins
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 11:09 PM
commercials are expensive. if we all abnded together then i dont think we could all get a fair return on our investment. i would love to see some national advertising from the suppliers but they dont seem interested in spending the cash. perhaps enough applicators working together could force thier hand if we threatened to switch to some one who would. but, who would? looks to me like we are on our own.
philip mullins
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 11:17 PM
for the record, i recently spent $8500 on commercials with very little results. and i included the basf logo in my commercial. and also included it in the $2800 wrap on my trailer. now i feel pretty foolish for it, since 7 or 8 phone calls later and i still havent recieved the magnetic signs for my truck that they promised me. or a single one of the 100s of leads they were talking about before they got my money.
Dwight Thevenot
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 08:24 AM
I have been seeing the same issue. All the manufacturers want us to pay for everything. If a contractor is telling you how great a product is then you will be suspicious right? Even when you show them the facts on paper they don’t believe you. Plus, most foam manufacturers boast about having better foam than the other. They are ALL polyurethane foam products. If they all swallowed their pride and got together to push fiberglass and cellulose out of the way, they could.

And as far as paying money out, $8500.00 is a lot of money for a commercial from one contractor. Plus, we still haven't received a lead from this site. Looks like a contractor site more than anything. I had my wife go on here and try to find a contractor in the area, she couldn’t. But, she found 20 companies that would sell her foam or equipment.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 08:12 PM
Good points Sir. As far as National advertising, the company with the best position to do that is Honeywell. They're working on it.

`oG
David Lenaker
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 11:08 PM
You have to remember it is also a good but bad thing that they don't have tons of advertising. Then it will be ran like fiberglass guys and be a standard and all the profit will be lost for guys like us that go the extra mile.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.