Q&A Forums

Fusion or P2??? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 08:19 PM
Fusion or P2???
I just worked with a Fusion gun and broke it down. Nothing to it. Seems foolproof. I got the P2 because I was told it was the most versatile. I also heard that it is the same old parts monster. I haven't cracked it open yet and am wondering if I should swap it for Fusion. For a guy that has never used any gun, it sure seemed easy working with the Fusion. I also used the GAP gun and it was a bugger to take down and put together. Any thoughts?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 20, 2006 11:11 AM
Both good guns.
Wade LeCompte
Posted: Aug 23, 2006 03:20 PM
P2!!! I have used both and find the P2 easier to work with.Also the mixing chamber is in two parts,one being the removable snout,which can be removed to gain acess to a broken drill bit.Not so with the fusion.I lost a fusion mixing chamber the first day i tried it because i could not get a broken drill bit out
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Aug 23, 2006 10:44 PM
Okay, I got the P2. Over! Done! Sprayed with my rig today. Specified that we will be spraying roof foam, wall foam and roof polyurea. What did they send? A damn 00 chamber and oo tip. Unbeliveable. Absolutely Unbelievable. Sure way to increase your sales by sending out a tip that can't be used productively and force you to purchase another. Had to shut the thing down and break the mixing chamber down within 3 wall cavities spraying 2# BASF/FE wall foam. Don't think it was the foam.

Can't wait to get this rig spraying regularly.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 27, 2006 11:45 AM
Normally they send 01 tips & chambers with a new gun. It doesn't hurt to have several tip sizes, sooner or later you will need one.

olger
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 09:59 PM
I got a few extra o-rings and screens with the gun but I know I'll be needing several other spare parts to keep in the trailer. What are the typical replaceable gun parts that I need to have on hand?

Are there any parts that I should have around for the H25? It doesn't appear that there are any parts other than possibly the supply line screens.

Suggestions?
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 03, 2006 08:21 PM
Anyone? I just want to make sure I've got a few extra of the most worn parts.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 03, 2006 09:30 PM
I have a good supply of o-rings, whenever I clean the gun I change the rings. I also have extra side seals, delrin seals, balls, springs, screws, tips, mixing chambers, and an assortment of flat spray tips. I have a P2 gun. I disassembled a foamed up fusion today for the first time for another sprayer. I think that the P2 is easier to clean, but maybe it is because that is what I am used to. I only took apart the fluid section, and the orings I replaced were the same sizes as the P2.

George
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 04, 2006 11:15 AM
Would it be worth purchasing another gun just to have a stand by or should I just keep plenty of parts handy? If purchasing a second gun, would you go with the same as the first or get a different one?

I'll have an 00 and 03 chamber. What other chambers should I have?

I'll have an OO round tip and an 02 round tip and will be ordering the 14" wall stud kit and tip soon. What other tips or kits would you recommend? I understand that Glascraft has a new tip coming out for the P2. Should be available in about a month. It is a 22" wall cavity tip that works perfect for Sealection word on a 16" cavity at 14inches from the wall.

Can you purchase a bag of orings from Gcraft or do you just have to purchase a bunch of singles?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 04, 2006 09:22 PM
Do you have a P2, or a fusion? It is a little unclear in your first post, you mention both. I bought a spare gun. If you have a big job, you don't want to have downtime because of gun issues. Remember, you only make money when the trigger is pulled. I leave the 02 mix chamber in the gun all of the time and just downsize the mix chamber insert. You can put an 00, 01, or 02 mix chamber insert into an 02 mix chamber. I like the stud wall tip for .5lb foam. I wish they had one for closed cell.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 05, 2006 08:06 AM
I've got the P2 and have only sprayed a little bit. It's got an 00 chamber and 00 top. Just purchased an 03 chamber and 02 round tip. Getting ready to purchase a stud wall kit.
Posted: Sep 07, 2006 01:44 PM
I've been using Fusion guns for about three years and have been fairly well pleased. I have considered the P2 because of the mix chamber assembly but don't want to mix my guys up just yet. The main thing is to keep it clean and replace o rings when needed. Having a backup gun for me is a must so there is less down time when a more serious problem occurs. I keep two on each rig and one more in the shop. You must do regular maintenance, even when you are tired and your rear end is dragging at the end of the day.

Winter temps for us (SE Alabama) determine tip sizes and of course types of foam. OC needs higher temps usually and, depending on your proportioner, you may not be able to heat it enough to keep up with the larger tips. We use 01 and 02 tips year round.
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 07:47 AM
"you may not be able to heat it enough to keep up with the larger tips. We use 01 and 02 tips year round."
this is why the "entry level" rigs require some careful thought...do they have the nuts to work day in and day out for 6-10 hours a day..i foam is going to be an "occassional job" then they may be ok for you,,but if you want to hammer on and not work the gear at "maximum load" you may need to consider a larger unit...
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 08:05 AM
So what are you suggesting? I tried the 00 chamber and 00 tip with closed. Was tearing the gun apart after the 3rd wall cavity. Sprayed open last week with an 03 chamber and an 02 round tip and it was fine. Will be interesting to see what happens with closed on that set up.

Am I better spraying woth 01 and 02 tips? I just got a wall stud kit and 02 flat wall tip. Looking forward to trying it out.

I've got a question about changing chemicals and purging lines I'll throw in another thread.
https://sprayfoammagazine.com/mnps/fullthread.cfm?mnforumid=2&mnboardid=1&threadid=998&changed=998&added=1

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.