Q&A Forums

Flushing for first time for winter. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jim Hollander
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 05:58 PM
Flushing for first time for winter.
I have a Graco E20 and am worried about the first proper flushing proceedure for putting up my equipment for the winter. I have read that you can flush with diesel fuel and then chase that out with DOP. Can the diesel fuel alone simply be left in all winter? How exactly do you get the diesel fuel in the equipment? Do you have a open bucket of diesel fuel and stick your pump in it and open the manifold until the foam liquid changes to diesel fuel? Then repeat for the B side? I've also read that hydraulic oil can be used. Which is better to flush with, diesel fuel or the hydraulic oil? And can either be used instead of the expensive DOP?
Linerman
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 07:53 PM
go to the main page and click on the diamond liners logo, they have a tech article that thoroughly explains the procedure. It explains on the 'foamcat' but same rules apply.

I've never used diesel fuel like mason knowles says but he says it works. I wouldn't leave it in the machine for extended period of time as mason said he followed the diesel with DOP immediately.

you just need a compatible flushing solvent and lubricant for the unit. Dynaloy the manufacturer of Dynasolve makes the solvents for flushing.
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 06:37 AM
the diesel wont hurt nuffin,,,
hydraulic fluid works good and is easily available and affordable..
cu5 or cu6 would work as well but man the $$$

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.