Q&A Forums

Drum Pumps? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dave Strnad
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 06:02 PM
Drum Pumps?
I am looking for different Drum pumps, I wanted the graco t2's. However I was told that I could not get them into the drums in a 6.5' trailer. Does anybody now of some decent pumps that will work in 6.5' trailers
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 07:35 PM
Dave,

I have had good luck with IPM-02 pumps. What are you using now?

George
Dave Strnad
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:15 PM
Isn't the height still an issue, can you get them in and out easily in a 6.5' Tall Trailer? What about the stubby version I was told you can wall mount and use dip tubes. Wouldn't you still have cavitation issues. I was using wall mounted diaphram pumps they worked fine with the foam I am using.
clint moore
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 09:48 AM
The problem w/6.5' tall trailers is that they are 6.5' tall and the distance from the top of the drum to the ceiling restricts the full size pumps. You can wall mount pumps and use a drop tube or position the drum under the vent when you have to take it in and out.Our trailer rigs are built standard in 7' tall trailers.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:58 AM
You can remove the pumps George is referring to without tipping the barrels in a 6.5' high trailer. The pump bodies are narrow enough that the pumps themselves can be removed at an angle and the drum can remain flat.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Circle-D
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 12:17 AM
I also use the drum pumps that Tim and George are refering to. As Tim says the pumps can be angled enough once the bung adaptor is out of the drum to be easily removed in my 6'8' trailer. Skip

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.