Q&A Forums

Display Exhibit Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jason Davis
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 10:07 AM
Display Exhibit
I'm looking for a display exhibit. It's made of plexiglass, has a heater/blower and 4 thermometers. One thermometer is in the bottem with the heater/blower and the other 3 are in the "attics" of each insulation. It has 3 separate compartments to put fiberglass, cellulose, and foam in it. At the top it has 3 ping pong balls that demonstrates how the foam doesn't let air pass through, but air passes through fiberglass and cellulose. Any help on locating this will be greatly appreciated.

Jason
Jeffrey Souder
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 02:07 PM
http://shop.theinsulationstation.com/product.sc?categoryId=2&productId=30

Hope this helps.
Seems expensive at $499, and I was thinking of building my own for a festival i am doing next weekend.
Jason Davis
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info. It does seem a little cheesey to cost $499. I've seen better. Just might have to build one myself. Thanks again!!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 06:24 AM
expensive???yes!!!
does it work??yes it does,,every little boy likes balls and machines and stuff,,,and we are all little boys at heart,,,man,,you should see their eyes when they see the "box"..they get really wide and it doesnt leave "the box"...just draws em right into the booth and you got em hooked to give em your 'schpeel...
plexiglass is way expensive, and if you look at the "box" you will notice that it is well constructed and looks like a proffessional built it (repeat after me: presentation, presentation, prestantation)display item..i had to add a rheostat to throttle down the blower as it blows the balls off of the filterglass chimney. i also added chimmney "extensions" so i can keep things rev'd up some and keep them balls a floatin (sounds like a day at the iowa hawkeye football tailgate,,,go hawks,,beat the 'clones!)
i too thought "screw them i can build anythng" and i built one that is larger & heavier, way uglier, and took one heck of a long time to fabricate by the time i hunted down all the stuff...it takes an army to move (remember, you or the misses will need to haul this thing around and set it up),,and did i say it is ugly,,looks homemade,,,(dont forget the bling!)so it has been doomed to the top rack in the shops material room only to wait a sacrifical burning in the fall burn pile.
this is a valuable marketing/sales tool for me and i would not be without one. its cost is a one time investment,,a legit business expense..
pony up and spend the bucks and save the time of building it,,instead selling your products or educating yourself about the building sciences/trades to help with your future presentations.
the link provided is a good supplier and they are easy to deal with...
have a great weekend
'dude
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 06:39 AM
( i think every vendor should own one to coop out to his regular customers,.,,first come first serve ),,,

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.