Q&A Forums

Changing materials Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gary Galloway
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 11:28 PM
Changing materials
What is everyone doing when spraying a foam roof and then covering it with Polyurea ??? Do you use two different proportioner setups or do you flush the foam out and switch to Ployurea ??? If your flushing the foam out how do you stop the blister problems that sometimes occur when a little of the foam gets in the polyurea ??? Is there a flush solution that can completely get all of the foam out of the proportioner and hoses before changing products ???

Thanks
Gary
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 09:05 PM
You will lose approximately $100 each time you flush. Figure it in the jobs. Flush the line material back into the drums and spray the "casserole" into garbage bags. Take care that the bags don't spontaneously combust.

Or buy another rig. We have three rigs, but unless you spray enough poly to keep a rig dedicated to it, you will still have switchovers.

Have fun,

oG
Gary Galloway
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 12:41 AM
Olger,
What do you use to flush the system and lines with ??? A lot of people tell me not to switch from foam to Polyurea as they say it causes blisters in the Polyurea. I need to be able to switch even if it cost me some $$$ but I want it to be as trouble free as possible. A couple of people have suggested using hydraulic oil and another suggested DOP. I would like to know what you do ???

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.