Q&A Forums

cc and oc on flex duct Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
dan pruglo
Posted: May 23, 2011 12:12 AM
cc and oc on flex duct
HI Mason, i have a unvented attic need to spray and a cople of theflex ducts are really close to where the foam will be, i am planning on 2" of cc and 4" of oc on top, will the flex ducts suffer any damage from the hat?
thanks
SPFer
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:23 AM
The hat won't hurt the ductwork, nor will the heat.
dan pruglo
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:49 AM
What if it's a straw hat lol, thanks for understanding my poor writing skills :)
dan pruglo
Posted: May 23, 2011 11:52 AM
I asked is because someone wrote that low voltage wiring can get damaged so I thought the flex ducts can also get damaged from the heat "hat" cause they are really thin plastic material.
mason
Posted: May 23, 2011 03:21 PM
Most closed cell foam will obtain interior temperatures of between 160 to 220 degrees F when installed correctly. If you spray the foam too thick, it can go to higher temperatures. Stay between 1/2 inch to 1-1/2 inches thick on your lifts and wait 5 - 10 minutes between lifts or until the interior temperature of the foam starts to go down. You can use a meat thermometer to check the interior temperature of the foam so you can be more accurate.

If you are not sure what temperature the substrate can stand, just spray a test section and see how it holds up.
Posted: May 23, 2011 07:23 PM
you can spray to lv cable just fine,,,
its how you look at the wall,,,
and subsequently,,how you spray that wall,,
spray technique,,

duct work will luv ya,,
quentin
Posted: May 26, 2011 04:37 AM
dude, are you hunting for a sale or just quacking about foam while talking about all these ducts? :-P

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.