Q&A Forums

best product Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
thomas malloy
Posted: May 06, 2008 06:42 AM
best product
What do you think is the best open cell and the best closed cell product out there
mason
Posted: May 06, 2008 09:03 AM
I can't point to one or two. There are dozens of good foam manufacturers out there. The best is the one that provides the best product and service for you. If you are a "newby" technical assistance is very important. Look for a supplier that has excellent technical personnel that can be accessed very easily. If you are in the business a while, consistent quality and convenient shipping is most important. Some offer lead services and detailed documentation on construction issues such as air barriers, vapor retarders,R value, etc. It all depends on what you are looking for in a supplier

Above all, the foam should work as described on the data sheets. Pressures, heat, physical properties all should be nailed down pretty well.

I have found in the past that this type of post can get out of hand.

Please be generic on your recommendations. List ways the inquirier can do the legwork themselves.
Dena Sosebee
Posted: May 07, 2008 07:54 PM
This website should provide a foundation for you to start researching products. My suggestion is to get a customer reference list. This way you can call customers and see their experience with the chemicals and the company that sold them. The most important thing is to not be fooled by price. Remember you pay for what you get. Meaning good service and a quality product will cost you more, however you will not have any issues in the long run.
Gordon Howard
Posted: May 08, 2008 01:16 AM
i agree with ryan. if this website is supposed to be working for us, why can't we make so that the sprayfoam manufacturers are accountable to us as well. Where is our product research forum.
mason
Posted: May 08, 2008 01:47 PM
One of the problems with a forum running endorsements on suppliers or contractors is that there is not enough time or space to qualify the responses. I conduct these type of evaluations for selected clients and it takes a couple of days of work to fully qualify a single company.

I try to be objective in my responses and not endorse any specific supplier or contractor.

With a little work, you can get a good idea of quality of a supplier and their relative value to you. Nothing beats doing your own research.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.