Q&A Forums

application rates Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
larry kritsch
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 02:22 PM
application rates
We spray mainly tanks & thanks to Mason we can now even make it look nice.I've been ask for a price on a 57,000 sq ft cold storage unit useing 3" of 2 lb foam.Theres no obstructions in the way & this includes spraying the ceiling.We would be using Fusion ap guns & exp-2's.What would guys normaly apply in a day?I know everbody will be different but it will give me an idea.Also any chamber recommendations?
mason
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 04:35 PM
Working off of a rolling scaffold or a scissors lift you should be able to spray 4 kits of foam a day. Two in the monring and two in the afternoon.
(I have sprayed up to 6 kits overhead in a single day)

I like to spray at a slight angle starting at one end extending about 3 ft past the scaffold and walk back until I hit the back end, turn around and get about 3-4 more before moving. then move the scaffold and continue until you reach a natural stopping place. Then move over and do the next section on the way back. Continue back and forth to complete a specific area. I like to keep the spraygun about 3 - 4 ft from the ceiling to get a nice smooth profile and even application of foam.

Crank up the pressure to be able to lay the foam down quickly and use a large chamber.

Remember not to go over 2 inches during each lift unless your manufacturer has specifically and in writing recommended it.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.