Q&A Forums

Air Sanders Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jeffery Dieu
Posted: Dec 04, 2006 08:14 PM
Air Sanders
Ok does anyone have any tricks they do to keep their air sander running when its being fed really cold air?
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Dec 04, 2006 08:55 PM
Throw it away and use a super duty sawsall. Grind the end of your sander blade to fit and drill a hole.
LLH
Jeffery Dieu
Posted: Dec 07, 2006 10:46 PM
Has anyone used any of the antifreeze air tool lubrication ive recently become aware of?
Posted: Dec 11, 2006 12:27 AM
called diesel truck airbrake antifreeze,,,

cold weather is just like hot weather to compressed air...
cold weather---warm trailer environment,,,warm compressed air,,,,(ok,,so an air dryer to maybe)..
150-200 ft of 3/8" air line(i finally ordered 200' of 1/2" rubber hose,,,yeeha)so we probably got a dew point of about 40 degrees and we run this air out the trailer into 25 degrees,,,hot meets cold,,,condensation occurs,,,,then we got to think about line drop by trying to continious run a 6 cfm sander 200' away from the air tank via small diameter hose...supply cant meet demand...and we got all that other air stuff workin of the compressor too...
maybe a coalesceing filter down-line to catch condinsate would help some...a shot of airbrake antifreeze will help too every now and again but i dont know what its long term effect on the air motor would be...
sawzall works good...i have trouble makeing the tips....way to much wobble most of the time...
maybe this winter...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.