Q&A Forums

3 lb roofing keeps sticking my transfer pumps parts together Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 06:52 PM
3 lb roofing keeps sticking my transfer pumps parts together
The new roofing foam I just got seems real sticky. This 3 lb foam keeps making my transfer pumps ball stick. I took my pumps apart and and the are clean and not scored or nothing on the inside. The plunger is real hard to move back in forth and they wasnt like this before I stuck them in this 3 lb foam. Does anybody know what the problem is. The foam or my pumps
mason
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 07:00 PM
You might try replacing the ball. Sometimes if you have clenaed them a lot the balls lose their slickness. You might also try a little Pam and see if it helps. You say that you cleaned the pump well but check out the ball seats again and make sure there isn't a thin shellac of chemical on the surface.

One caution when you clean equipemnt, try to keep from abrading the metal and clean it as gently as possible. Use wood if it will do the job. Don't use a wire brush and a drill. That takes the finish off the surfaces and makes the chemical stick to easier.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.