Q&A Forums

20-35 pro temperature controller problems (hose heat) Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: May 18, 2008 09:29 PM
20-35 pro temperature controller problems (hose heat)
got a h-20/35 pro. 3 years old.super machine! got 150' of hose. on every 3rd job or so, the digital temperature controller runs up to 175-185 all by itself. we shut her down and let everthing cool off. everthing seems to be fine after that. upon occasion the hose heat circut breaker will trip also. some days nothing happens.
i have thought of swapping the controllers (there are three on this unit) but the circut breaker situation makes me think it's a waste of time.

any ideas what the problem is?
Michael Flander
Posted: May 19, 2008 03:41 PM
The relay could be sticking which would cause the heat to not shut off even though the controller is calling for it.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 10:11 PM
o.k.
where is the relay?
David Swatkowski
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 08:17 AM
You might want to check your tap settings for the hose heat. they are on the transformer
Posted: Aug 07, 2008 07:12 PM
O.K.
GOT HER FIXED.
PUT A NEW CIRCUT BREAKER IN. $25.00
NOTHING CHANGED.
TOOK HEAT CONTROLLER OUT AND SENT IT TO C.V.A. DEARBORN HEIGHTS MICH 678-889-8083. VERY HELPFUL FOLKS.(THEY SELL THE SAME HEAT CONTROLLERS TO HOSPITALS TO KEEP TRANSPLANT PATIENTS BLOOD AT THE CORRECT TEMPERATURE)
ANYWAY THEY CHECKED IT OUT AND SENT IT TO REPAIR FACILITY IN PENN. FIXED. UNDER MANUFACTURER WARRANTY FOR 3 YEARS. COVERED! $25.00 FEE (SHIPPING AND HANDLING)
HEAT CONTROLLER IS NOW WORKING GREAT!
Linerman
Posted: Aug 07, 2008 08:48 PM
What, Graco couldn't help you out? what a shock. I just had to replace the breaker on my machine(foamcat)today, cost almost $50 not from graco, didn't bother with them. They probably would've told me I was screwed or bend over and reach backwards.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Aug 08, 2008 10:40 PM
Glad you got it fixed, motorcity! I put in the request for credit on the one you sent back, let me know if you don't see that in a week, I don't work there anymore, today was my last day....couldn't work in the big corporate world, they lost the customer focus that I was used too.
Posted: Aug 09, 2008 07:52 PM
yes. thanks for your help. $552.00 was a good discounted price. (20% off i think- not for sure) but $25.00 for a fixed heat controller was way better!
sorry you are no longer there. You walked out the door with a HUGE amount of foam equipment knowledge. I was impressed when i met you in the advanced applicator class November 2005. Not exactly a lot of women taking such a class! (that was a great class!)
will the sprayfoam goddess find employment in the same field?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Aug 10, 2008 09:08 PM
Oh thanks, and of course, I have a couple of great offers, won't be long 'till there is an annoucement floating around. Wow, the weathers been great up there eh? The controllers, yes, I knew that you could buy them elsewhere, But as a Graco distributor I stock only Graco parts. I have a couple of other buddies in your parts, one in Detroit and one near Almont, have you had much competition, I haven't heard much from them? Is the new building boom rather slow up there?
Posted: Aug 10, 2008 10:36 PM
weather is awesome in Detroit. moderate summer weather. business is slower right now but will pick up when we get that 1st frost. got the highest unempolyment in the country. big three are hurting and major layoffs are happening. The secondary suppliers/machine shops/ and so forth are really hurting. a huge amount of for sale signs on machine shops buildings.
There still are foam jobs, but it is slow for the moment. got some good projects lined up. working monday.
will stay tuned for your news.
clint moore
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 06:57 PM
Dear Spray Foam Goddess,please call me.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 09:38 AM
Hi maxx, I would call you, but I don't know who you are, and you have no profile? You may send me an email. Happy Spraying!

Motorcity - I used to work GM, in the Powertrain division in Pontiac, I did parts for them.
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 02:22 PM
WHATS THE TURNAROUND ON THE CONTROLLERS, AND WHAT DOES IT COST IF OUT OF WARRANTY??
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 04:48 PM
10 day turnaround time approximately.
$100-350 max repair costs out of warranty. send it to dearborn. they will confirm there is a problem in the controller 1st. then send it to pa.
not as quick as buying a new one, but 1/2 the price (or less)
but call them. dont rely on my information only.
good luck.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.