Q&A Forums

01, 02, 03, 04, 05 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 05:40 PM
01, 02, 03, 04, 05
To the guys spraying with the larger machines.

Other than the amount of material that you are putting down, do you guys see a difference in spraying with an 01 chamber all the way to a larger chamber on a roofing application.

Is there any difference spraying with an 01 chamber to an 03 chamber other than having to move a little quicker?

I should have my 250 in by the end of the week and am anxious to see the difference that it will make from my E-20
clint moore
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 11:34 AM
The reactor E-20 can sray up to a 02 chamber,anything bigger the output of the chamber will out run the machine.
I beleive same goes for the G250 unit.
Guys with bigger machines doing roofing use bigger chambers to get a higher coverage rate.
Time is money...
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 07:54 PM
The bigger chambers not only give you more output, but a bigger pattern, hopefully allowing you to spray smoother foam in the field.

George
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Apr 01, 2009 11:33 AM
Your G-250 will run circles around the E-20. What gun are you using? We normally spray with our G-250 using the 03 and the Gama "Master" gun. The size of the spray tip doesn't make you a better applicator. More is not always better! There's a lot of "tricks of the trade" to enable most applicators to make a good roof using any size mixing chamber. Quality of the product should ALWAYS be first. The quantity will follow.
Posted: Apr 01, 2009 04:29 PM
Hi Macs

I am using a Fusion AP with both and 01 and 02 chamber. Don't get me wrong, we are not bumbling idiots on a roof, but on the other hand I can't spray a perfectly smooth one like Bayer did.

Even the roof on the Superdome has bumps on it that you can visible see; however, I understand that it was sprayed in probably one of the harshest enviroments around hanging from a harness on a 25-30 Degree Angle.

Steve
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Apr 01, 2009 10:42 PM
Steve

My comments were not all directed to you. I can tell that your doing good work.
Does your Fusion gun have a small pattern? What I mean is do you have to hold the gun up above your waist or spray a few feet in front of you to get a descent size spray pattern. If so, ask your supplier for a wide tip. I think it's called a WA-02 or 03. (WA - wide angle). It's not well known that these tip even exist. I just recently found out about it myself.
Posted: Apr 02, 2009 12:48 PM
Hi MACS

I didn't take it like you were directing at me. I was just trying to convey that I am not a beginner by any means and definately not as good as the Bayer roof.

I am slightly ahead of the middle of the pack and always willing to learn.
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Apr 02, 2009 11:27 PM
Willingness to learn is what makes us better than those who know everything.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.