Q&A Forums

Wind problems Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Marc French
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 11:00 AM
Wind problems
Mason, I posted on the equipement forum also but have come to respect your advice very much in our first year as a SPF contractors. We are haveing bad wind problems which we are not used to and havent dealt with before. We have a sizable contract right now and would like to avoid delays this is causing. We would like to invest in wind blocking equipement ie tents screens etc. but are unfamiliar with the market. Can you suggest any distributers of this specialty product. Thank you
mason
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 03:26 PM
West Roofing in LaGrange Ohio has manufactured these types of items in the past. You might give them a call.

Most folks just fabricate their own wind shields out of PCV pipe and a fine mesh fabric. Make each one about 10 feet long, You can use 2 or 3 of them to make an enclosure. You need 2 persons per shield. It also helps to make handles for the screens.

You can also use a lightweight scaffold for a full enclosure. Something like a baker scaffold. Make it 2 sections high and drape it with the mesh (burlap works well if you can get it). Use large rubber wheels so it doesn't track into the foam.
Daniel X
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 08:08 PM
I'm confused...

You want to pay somebody to make something for you?

All you need is some mesh tarps and some ingenuity, you'll want a different setup for some jobs and another for others...

There is no "one-size-fits-all" here, so just make something out of cheap easy to re-use materials that can be taken apart and reconfigured elsewhere.
Marc French
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 11:01 AM
Thanks for the great advice as always. I suppose I should have considered just building one myself, but time is so tight. The old saying make hay while the sun is shinning really rings true for us right now. We really felt the pain of trying to work through the cold Idaho winter (our first one as SPF installers)and are super busy now. Thank you again guys and hope your summer is great.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.