Q&A Forums

Who's the best customer service rep? Nominate your choice Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
mason
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 12:32 PM
Who's the best customer service rep? Nominate your choice
When I was spraying foam I was fortunate to know and have access to a few supplier reps who were able to help me with all kinds of technical help from equipment troubleshooting to help with materials, jobs and code officials, etc.

I would like to recognize the folks who have gone out of their way to help out their customers.

So, let me know who you think deserves to be named the customer service rep of the year.

I know many folks out there who have a great reputation for putting their company hat aside to help their customers.

What individual provided you with the best service this year? Be specific we would like to know why you think he or she deserves to be Mason's customer service rep of the year.

After two weeks of nominations, we will evaluate the list and vote on the top 5.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 03:05 PM
Barry Culp
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 03:15 PM
Norman Naylon from CPI in Harvey, La

Although they just opened up their office in La this past August, Norman was always there.

Didn't matter whether it was 9:00 P.M. at night or 6:30 A.M. on Sunday morning. When I was having a problem, he was there to offer advice or open the doors after hours so that I could get a part for my E-20.

He inspected a half of dozen jobsites for myself and other competitors offered advice and criticism. Either way, one of the best that I have seen in this industry for a while.

He is no longer with CPI, but there loss could very easily be someone elses gain.

Steve
mason
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 09:00 PM
Bayouboy, great nomination! I particularly am impressed with the extra effort in helping you on Sunday. Not many folks will give up their weekends for you.
mason
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 09:04 PM
Olger, thanks for the nomination. But, help me out. Please provide specifics.
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 10:07 PM
George Spanos-Sprayfoam Distributors of New England, Inc.
George has helped me get set up in the sprayfoam business from selling me the equipment and the foam. George gave me my training when the "big names" wanted $2500-$4000 to teach you to run the thoudands of dollars worth of equipment you just bought from them. Matter of fact I took the training before I even had to by the equipment. His philosophy was "come try it and see if you like it before spending all that money". Afer the training time there was no high pressure sales tactics or follow-up calls. When I was ready, I bought the equipment from him and got the rig set -up. When I was ready to roll onto the first job he came 180 miles, met me onsite and made sure the "start-up" went smooth.
He has always been on the end of the phone when I call, or a return call within minutes if he was busy with somone else.
Freight got delayed over the Thanksgiving holiday and my foam was not going to make it in time for my job. george met me at his warehouse at 9am Sunday morning so I could grab a couple of sets. He even offered to meet me 1/2 way. I declined as it was my error in ordering a little late and not his.
When I've had an issue with the mfg,George would always be the "go between" and has stood behind the products he sells 100% even when the mfg. wouldn't!!
As you know Mason, he sponsored a seminar last spring, with you has the keynote speaker to help further educate his customers. He represents the people of the Northeast and the foam industry as a whole with pride, honesty, integrity and most of all respect.
Arville Brown
Posted: Jan 02, 2009 11:49 PM
Barry culp he is always a phone call away even come down if need to get things running again thanks Barry for all you done for me andmy business

Arville Brown
mason
Posted: Jan 03, 2009 09:06 AM
Skip,

I would say that George is another strong contender. I did get the a stong impression from his customers at the seminar of his customer service attitude.

These are the kind of things we are looking for. Folks who help their customers get up and running when they need help, not just when it is convenient.

Sounds like Barry Culp fits that category also.

Keep them coming
philip mullins
Posted: Jan 03, 2009 05:57 PM
george is great. helped me out as best as he could over the phone a couple of times. even though i have never bought from him. norman, i hear, is a great guy. never met him personaly but have sent my guys over there to get some foam and they say he is great guy. terry at nexgen says he seems like a good guy. and terry's opinion is good as gold round here.

since those guys are already nominated, then i gotta give props to lorena (pavolowski, pavloski, something like that) at baysystems. girl will do whatever she can to help. and if she dont know, she will find out, AND call you back!
mason
Posted: Jan 03, 2009 06:36 PM
Thanks for the info on both candidates and the new nomination. By the way, just because you agree with the nominees, please provide your own comments. It all helps to get your favorite in the final 5 to vote.
mason
Posted: Jan 03, 2009 06:38 PM
Doug Commette and I just came to an agreement. We will vote on the 5 finalist online on a separate "poll" section that SprayFoamMagazine.com has.

We have also decided to award the winner a certificate naming him or her the Mason's customer service rep of 2008 plus a $200 gift certificate to the restaurant of their choice.
Grady Littlehale
Posted: Jan 04, 2009 10:41 AM
I will have to nominate George Spanos (SPFDONE).He will return or answer any call within minutes.( Even while on vacation) Have parts for you by the next day.Will do what it takes for us to succeed. Just think Mason if he wins, dinner will be on him at this years conference. (Swordfish, shipped in from Argentina)
Andrew Buff
Posted: Jan 06, 2009 07:10 PM
geo spanos.the man is there for you period.even when your not spraying his foam.he helps trouble shoot morning ,noon or night.one time 11pm.plus i was there with skip to learn for free.he also put together a sweet rig for me.cheers george
Posted: Jan 06, 2009 10:55 PM
We need to get George down to Louisiana. You must be doing a good job, keep up the good work.

Steve
David Thacker
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 04:56 AM
I have gotten to know a number of suppliers, distributors and service tech's over the years, and I believe they all certainly deserve recognition for their knowledge, desire and abilities to serve our industry. Without their support, there would likely be many of us that would have "thrown in the towel" long ago.
My nomination for "Service Rep of the Year" would have to go to Bob Jutras at Intech Supply, in Arizona.
Not only is Bob one of the most knowledgeable individuals I have ever met, when it comes to equipment, he is very well learned in many aspects of the foam industry.
He is always willing to share information and ideas, not only about how to fix a problem, but how one might improve their business as well.
He will get involved. He will explore new ideas. He isn't to experiment. And he has surrounded himself with a class of associates that seem have the same values.
And while I know there many deserving of this award, I feel Bob's honesty, and true desire for what he does, makes him a real contender this year, and every year.

Dave
mason
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 08:37 AM
Thanks for your nomination. I concur, Bob Jutras is a very good nomination also. We are at the annual sprayfoam conference this week and will take nominations until Jan 15, then place the top 5 candidates in a separate poll section of the website.
clint moore
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 09:54 AM
Dito,Bob Jutras. Always goes the extra mile. Stays in touch with you,finds the hard to find parts that no one has. Great job Bob,Thanks for being there.
Doug Commette
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 03:49 PM
The Mason Knowles Customer Service Rep Award has come to a close. We got some great nominations for some great folks.

We have built a page on the site where you can read the nomination summaries. At the bottom of the page, there is a poll where you can vote for your favorite customer service rep.

Voting will remain for a couple of weeks.

The link is at the left or copy and paste this URL into your browser:

https://sprayfoammagazine.com/spps/ahpg.cfm?spgid=128

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.