Q&A Forums

who is the best foam supplier Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
nicholas synnott
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 03:03 PM
who is the best foam supplier
hi i need some help to find out witch is the best sprayfoam company to go with ?

can u rate the top 5 to be with on, performance of foam, price and how the foam company is doing in the recession

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
mason
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 03:36 PM
That is a very subjective question because each contractor may want different services.

Suppliers may specialize in different products such as closed cell foam, roofing foam, insulation foam, open cell foam, coatings, equipment, training etc

Some suppliers specialize in just volume supply of chemicals with no support, others provide full service technical and sales assistance and there are dozens of variations in between.

My best suggestion is to contact a large number of suppliers as provided in sprayfoammagazine.com's buyers guide and ask them what they specialize in. Who are there tech reps? What is their qualifications? Get a list of references and check them out. How do they distribute? Are they financially stable? Where are their warehouses or manufacturing facilities. How long does it take to ship an order? Can you get volume discounts? Do they have all of the approvals required for the markets you will working in. Do they have adequate technical information, guidelines, design details for their products?

Another good way is to network with other contractors and ask their opinions at industry events such as the annual sprayfoam conference held in Jan/Feb or the ICAA annual conference that will be held in early Oct.
nicholas synnott
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 03:49 PM
thanks for getting back to me so quick,Im trying to decide which supplier to go with. iv been told so much b.s. that i needed an independant opinion. Which of these companies would you rate as the best : Thermoseal, Demilec, Icyenene, Biobased or Ezero (CPI)?
Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks
mason
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 08:44 PM
I make it a point not to endorse any specific product, supplier or service company in order to keep my objectivity on this forum and in my consulting business.

However, if you would like me to assist in your selection I would be happy to do some of the legwork at my regular rate. Call me for more info. contact information is available on my website, masonknowles.com
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 12:12 AM
Where are you located?
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 07:15 AM
...the right foam company...
,,,,we want to find,,,
...we gonna leave,,,,
,,the compitetion behind,,,
...burma shave...

uh,,,basf/comfortfoam,,baysystems/NCFI/corbond...
deserve a look,,as well as a few others too!!

you want bling,,,you will get bling,,,at a $$

..but if you try sometime,,you might find,,you get what you need,,,

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.