Q&A Forums

What gaps will the closed cell bridge? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
old farmer
Posted: Jun 15, 2016 09:53 PM
What gaps will the closed cell bridge?
I have a small (12X24) out building I want to insulate. It is built using 1inch lumber for siding. The lumber has shrunk somewhat and so it has lots of 1/4 inch gaps. Will I be able to just spray on the material from the inside and not have it go through the gaps. I don't want to have a mess on the outside of the siding. Do I need to install a cdx first?. Thanks, Keith
mason
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 02:35 PM
The foam can seal the gaps, but the applicator needs to be careful. I expect some overspray to filter through the 1/4" gaps and foam to ooze through. Don't stick the foam gun directly at the gap and spray at an angle from at good distance away (2 ft or more) . For greater protection tape the gaps from the outside.
mason
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 02:35 PM
The foam can seal the gaps, but the applicator needs to be careful. I expect some overspray to filter through the 1/4" gaps and foam to ooze through. Don't stick the foam gun directly at the gap and spray at an angle from at good distance away (2 ft or more) . For greater protection tape the gaps from the outside.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.