Q&A Forums

Welcome to our Newest Bulletin Board Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Doug Commette
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 10:19 PM
Welcome to our Newest Bulletin Board
SprayFoamMagazine.com is proud to have Michael Kiser from Flameseal, Inc. moderating our newest board all about thermal and ignition barrier coatings.
steven argus
Posted: Aug 05, 2010 09:30 PM
A "salesman" as the moderator? Just what we need.
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 01:42 AM
Hello guiness,

First of all, great name! My favorite beer without doubt!

As for your comment, I concede it is a fair point, and one the I might make too! There would typically be a tendency to be very biased in this situation, and I absolutely respect your caution. It's the smart thing to do.

Having said that, it is my hope that everyone will eventually realize that I am here for a very specific purpose. It is my "soapbox", and has been for a long time. I, along with many others, am so very tired of seeing so much confusion over something as important as FIRE CODES. We are talking life and death here, and it should be clear to everyone concerned.

As for my "bias", I have a reputation that led to this forum. It is also how I do business. I call it the "Miracle on 34th street" attitude. (Seen the movie?) Our company refers people to competitors (who I have checked out to be good, legitimate producers) if we feel they will be better served. We do it every week. So, you might find me to be quite different than what you might imagine.

I hope to change people's minds, who are worried about this as you are. THEN, I can be of service to everyone!

Mike Kiser
steven argus
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 03:48 PM
Hi Mike. I have to apologize for the comment- sorry. But having someone in a position to promote their aggenda is not what this forum should be about. It's just that I see our industry going down a path that makes me wonder about our future. It's hard enough to sell jobs now because of the upfront cost. Add the cost of the paint and it's a hard sell. I completely agree that there needs to be a thermal barrier between the foam and living space. My problem is with the ignition barrier. I personally don't believe it is needed, depending on the foam and where in the attic it is. (or crawlspace) I personally witnessed an attic "fire" with foam. (check my other posts) To my surprise it really wasn't a big deal. Cut out the bad foam and respray. We have burned at least 12 different brands of foam in the "red neck fire tests" as I like to call them, and only 1 brand seemed to pose an exsessive risk. We don't spray that brand any more. I believe the tests need to be more specific to each situation, not just lumped into 1 test.

As for my screen name, Guiness was the name of my best friend for 12 years. The worlds greatest chocolate lab. He came with the name and on his papers it was misspelled, only one "n", so I kept it that way.

Welcome to the forum.
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 09:49 PM
Thanks guiness for your gracious commnents.

Your last comment just floored me, because of what happened to me last week! I truly appreciate how important your screen name is... You see, about a week ago I found a new "best friend", and it happened out of the blue, which absolutely floored me. I haven't had a dog in many years, and I swore that was it, after my last pal left us... but my wife and I were "encouraged" repeatedly by a good friend to go see this "great" dog named Jazz. Well, I LOVE music, and so I went.

Shocker was, it was love at first sight for me! Then, Jazz just curled at my feet and put her paws on my foot, then just fell asleep there. You know how it goes... Jazz was simply meant to be my new best pal!

OK... 'nuff sentimental stuff, I guess.

Thanks for the "welcome", and I hope we can all do some good work together here at the "forum"!

Mike Kiser

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.