Q&A Forums

Wanting to Break into the Industry Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Elliot Schultz
Posted: Sep 07, 2007 05:41 PM
Wanting to Break into the Industry
I am interested in starting an SPF business in Wisconsin. I fully understand that I would be doing small jobs to "work my way up." I am currently in Medical Device Sales and soooo badly want to be an entrepreneur. I am excited about the SPF industry. I have spent the past couple months drawing up business plans and exploring various ownership options. Do I outright buy a rig/trailer/equipment? Do I purchase an existing small SPF business? How can I break into the business? I have no fear of hard work. I have no fear of failure. Any advice/mentoring would be tremendously appreciated.
Todd Baxter
Posted: Sep 09, 2007 04:34 PM
I would find a few builders in your area, and ask them about doing work for them, also I would put the word out about my business, bus cards, wha ever and them buy the rig when you get the business. you dont want the rig and no work. so find the work first them get a rig.
Mark Gargon
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 01:57 PM
eschultz feel free to contact me. I have a good feeling that I can be of great help to you in starting your break into the industry.

mark@sprayfoampolymers.com or feel free to call me 800-853-1577 ext 708
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 10:57 PM
Here is a link to the SprayFoam Markerters Toolkit
https://sprayfoammagazine.com/psps/psitem.cfm?psid=119
Huey Reed
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 01:30 PM
You may have heard everyone wants foam, everyone except builders that is. Find cutomers, then get into the business. Target custom and green builders, the cookie cutters want cheeeeeeaaaaap! Lease a high-end fully equipped rig (E30, MHII, etc.) that has been field proven, (leases are a 100% write-off) cheap in this business is a No, No!!! We love our E30, and our MHII our other two rigs are being re-fitted. Good luck!!!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.