Q&A Forums

Wake up! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
steven argus
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 11:51 PM
Wake up!
If your local foam distributor is also spraying foam, don't buy foam from him. If you do, you're basicly shooting yourself in the foot. There are 3 different dist/contractors in my area and local guys are buying foam from them. Let me explain: They buy foam by the truck load, they get better pricing. If you buy foam from them, they can move more foam. They will under bid you all day. You can buy foam anywhere these days. Be smart, don't help your competition, it only drives the price down for everybody.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 08:20 PM
Couldn't agree more Guiness. We had one in New Orleans that quit spraying foam two years ago. The dropped the market so much on insulation that no one could make money.

Even though I was concentrating on roofs and didn't run up against them, still 2 years later, when they call to sell me something, I remind them why I don't buy.

If they want to sell foam and spray also, then as far as I am concerned, they are on their own.
Daniel X
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 02:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this is called common sense, which I find isn't very common on this board...

Maybe there's more to a business than pulling a trigger after all.
philip mullins
Posted: Feb 03, 2011 01:48 PM
2 of them that i know of round nola bboy. apex, who is outta biz now, did it forever. and khm, who sells out dated bayer resin and chinese iso, uses some dude from montana or somewhere way up north to spray jobs for him. ******ers, one and all

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.