Q&A Forums

Van Walls Warping Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:54 PM
Van Walls Warping
I sprayed a Mercedes conversion van and had the walls warp on me. Basically wherever the foam was installed, the walls warpeed. It looked liked they had caved in. We cut the foam out and are having a paintless dent remover company come look at it but it doesn't sound promising.

I have sprayed a number of Ford Econolines and have not had any problems. The Mercedes has less pillars on the wall so maybe the metal was not as strong. I sprayed at approx. 125F,2" of 2lb closed cell.

At this point I am unsure if my insurance will cover it.

Any suggestions how to fix the dents without writing the vehicle off and what will the insurance adjuster want from me in terms of information. (It's my first claim).

If you have time I can be reached at 1-204-299-7700, the matter is somewhat urgent. Any help is appreciated.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 06:21 PM
Too fast too thick too hot.

g'luck.
Yvan Richard
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 04:36 PM
That does make sense.

But there is only 2" of foam in the van. I sprayed at 125F, I did try a lower temp but the chemical wanted to run down the wall. The van was stored in a heated shop so there was no issue there.

I have sprayed Fords and have not had a problem, there are more wall supports in the Fords. There are supports in the Mercedes but not directly against the wall, therefore the walls aren't as stiff.
Brian Currie
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 08:57 AM
small quick passes
Yvan Richard
Posted: Oct 24, 2010 10:04 PM
thx, actually I am going to stay away from small cargo vans. Despite making a high gross profit margin the dollar amount is low.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.