Q&A Forums

trying new manufacturers Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
steve westlake
Posted: May 27, 2007 09:15 PM
trying new manufacturers
I just tried out a set of 1# from a company called apex foam had really good results with it. I was thinking of ordering some of thier other lines was wondering if anyone has used them before and what they thought
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 10:04 PM
I have tried a couple sets of APEX 1.2. Works well. Has a pretty good cost-per-R-value at 8300 bd ft per set. That's all we've tried so far.

foam best,

olger
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 04:44 PM
What do you guys think? Is the 1.2lb market going to take off or is it goin to be an odd ball product in the future?
Mark Gargon
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 02:00 PM
The 1.2 Market is going to be huge. I am actually selling a 1.2 that is amazing. It definately cuts back on time spent. You no longer have to shave pieces off or pay someone else to do so. Not to mention that the pieces you are shaving off are the thermal seals of the foam. Also, think about it.... you are pretty much throwing foam (money) away as well by the extra foam you are shaving. If you wanna try out our 1.2 foam get in touch with me and we'll work something out.

800-853-1577 ext 708

-Mark
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 09:15 PM
Hi Mark,

Please explain what you mean by "thermal seals" of the foam? Are you refering to the skin of the foam? Are you sabotaging the performance of your foam by cutting the skin off?

George
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 06:22 AM
george,,
removing the skin from either OC or CC foams affects the air permience values of said foams...
dramatic with the OC products....

the 1.0's to 1.5's will have a place in the market if they can be delivered at an affordable price affording the contractor a good rate of return on his investment

"thermal seal" sounds a bit like salestripe to represent something that doesnt exist..it is a skin,,
yes it has a higher "thermal value (???Uvalue??)" than the less dense foam adjacent to it,,,but the increase in value is nil in direct relation to its minimal thickness....now if that skin was 1/2" thick or so???maybe...

there has been some interesting dialoge amongst the "nonfoam" forums regarding skin on skin off,,,advantages,,disadvantages,,,triumphs and failures...
....seek and ye shall find....
Arville Brown
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 12:05 PM
Huey Reed
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 01:39 PM
The people at Apex and their foam is great! Their non-agitated 1/2 lb. is a nice product.

We will always have builders who want cheap, so we will always have 1/2 lb. foam. From a sales/quality point closed-cell is the only way to go. FEMA has been recommending closed-cell for coastal construction for a while, now it's code along the LA, MS, and AL coast.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.