Q&A Forums

Trimming OC Foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Mike Stephenson
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 07:24 PM
Trimming OC Foam
What seems to be the best way to trim OC foam? I've been using hand saws and my guys are developing massive forearms and shoulder muscles. I tried the dewalt sawz-all with a modified blade, the blade keeps braking at the connecting point. I tried the cheap inline sander from Harbor Freight and it doesn't work very well and it's hard to handle. I'm now back to hand saws. Is there a better method out there? I'm trying to keep the clean-up easy for my guys and I think the scarfer/daShaver would make a serious mess. What seems to work best for you guys?
Thanks for all of your help.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 08:01 PM
You want a hutchins hustler model 2000 inline sander to connect your blade to. It won't bog down like the cheap sanders. http://www.hutchinsmfg.com/content/2000.html
Of course it likes clean, DRY air! It is worth the money.

George
clint moore
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 09:21 AM
I don't know if you are interested but Demand Products makes a Pneumatic handheld saw. it uses a 36" long blade(23" of cutting surface).cost about $300,blades about $50.
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 09:34 PM
Mike, I ordered 20 of the couplings will yell at you when they get done not sure when but within the next week I would guess.
Lane
Mike Stephenson
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 09:53 PM
Thanks for the update. Anyone else have any ideas or new revelations to help make trimming OC foam easier?
LORNA REYES
Posted: Dec 03, 2007 02:09 PM
BSNA (P******nix AZ) offers the same for only $175 and replacement blades for $15. Call 800.289.8272
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Dec 09, 2007 11:19 PM
Mike, I got the Saw ready give me a yell
605-880-1990. Any body else need the best saw
around give me a call. Thanks Lane
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 02:35 PM
Well do TELL what you got and how it works for your application!
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 06:51 PM
Its a sawzall with an coupling that holds the 36" blade works great and best of all it don't use any air. Been using mine for over a year and the poor thing won't quit. Give me a call 605-880-1990 Lane
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 07:47 PM
Andy I tried to email you back but it wouldn't work. Give me a call @605-880+1990
Thanks Lane
Greg Pruitt
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 07:03 AM
I would not wast my time with any saw. I purchased the first one from Demilec, hated it, complained, and they sold me a heavier one. It woorked better, but still we could not get the production or the finish product to look like any ictures we had seen, and it was time consumiing.

Finally tried Thermodynamics, air/wire brush, and fell in love. (806-892-3993) Yes it makes a terible mess, but since when has this business been considered clean? It does a wonderful job with litterally no down time. Heard about an electric one, that we thought we might use for small jobs, and touch ups, and purchased it from J calman industries. Cannot reccommend it. We could not keep it going.

You will pay over $1,000.00 for the air brush, but your wasting money on anything else. Be sure you have enough cfm's for it. It takes 20 cfm, and most of these rigs are short on that to begin with.
Greg Pruitt
I would not wast my time with any saw. I purchased the first one from Demilec, hated it, complained, and they sold me a heavier one. It worked better, but still we could not get the production or the finish product to look like any pictures we had seen, and it was time consumiing.

Finally tried Thermodynamics, air/wire brush, and fell in love. (806-892-3993) Yes it makes a terible mess, but since when has this business been considered clean? It does a wonderful job with litterally no down time. Heard about an electric one, that we thought we might use for small jobs, and touch ups, and purchased it from J calman industries. Cannot reccommend it. We could not keep it going.

You will pay over $1,000.00 for the air brush, but your wasting money on anything else. Be sure you have enough cfm's for it. It takes 20 cfm, and most of these rigs are short on that to begin with.
Greg Pruitt
I would not wast my time with any saw. I purchased the first one from Demilec, hated it, complained, and they sold me a heavier one. It woorked better, but still we could not get the production or the finish product to look like any ictures we had seen, and it was time consumiing.

Mike Stephenson
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 09:17 AM
Lane,
My guys used your saw yesterday and LOVED it! The setup you designed worked like a champ. You guys can keep the air hog, mess making, and foam feathers created by those air planers/trimmers. I'll take this over all of those. Yea we are in a messy business, I just do like adding triple the mess by shaving foam all of the place! This saw is heavy duty electric and I don't think it will be quiting on me anytime soon. Best purchase I've made in my quest to find a easier/cleaner way to trim OC foam. My crew consider the inventor, Lane a hero. Great time and labor saver.
Thanks again Lane!
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 10:56 AM
Hi Mike
Glad they liked it.
Lane
bwolken
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 09:47 PM
Lane can you send me some info on your saw
Thanks
Bob
bwolken2@netzero.com
Ryan Fesmire
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 10:24 PM
Lane,
Your saw is a "Godsend" My guys are loving it and I am too because it has cut my cleanup time dramatically from the handsaws. Thanks
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 11:25 PM
I sent you an email with the info any Questions feel free to call anytime 605-880-1990.
Thanks Tennergy glad your guys like it.
Lane
Mike Stephenson
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 09:15 AM
Lane,
Just wanted to update you and let you know the saw is still going strong and doing it's thing. No broken blades, or disgruntled workers. I strongly advise anyone looking for a way to trim OC foam to get this device from Lane, you can thank me later. Thanks again Lane for coming up with this time/labor saving machine!
STFI
phil Duquette
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 07:31 PM
Lane,
Could you E-mail me the pricing and product info of the Coupling you are selling?
Thank a million!!
Phil
GreenSpray@Gmail.com
daniel kempton
Posted: Mar 08, 2008 12:04 AM
Lane,

I'm interested in your couplings as well could you please send me an email on them.
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Mar 08, 2008 07:22 PM
Daniel 'Are you the one that talked to David today if so he will give you one if you talk nice. He is a dealer of mine and I think they have a promotion going on. If not give me a call 605-880-1990. Lane Hogstad
daniel kempton
Posted: Mar 08, 2008 07:48 PM
Lane,

Yeah I was the one who called David, real nice guy. Thanks for the tip. He asked if I got his name from you, but I was unsure. Only knew your scrnname. Thanks for the contact
William Gibson
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:30 AM
Lane, can you please send me the some info on your saw as well as pricing etc. if possible.

E-mail - aispeedway@gmail.com
quentin
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 01:58 PM
I could use a few pics and info on it too please. I was looking at various ways and think something like what this seems to be is along the same ideas I was wanting.

Durrstein@gmail.com

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.