Q&A Forums

Test Data for Suppliers Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Marty Capolla
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 08:58 AM
Test Data for Suppliers
Listen up all~!!!

I have recently been made aware of that some of smaller foam suppliers have listed on their product data sheets that they have certain test approvals (ASTM,UL,FM,ETC) when in fact they DO NOT HAVE THEM. If they do not have their products listed with ICC it's a very good chance they have provided false documentation on those data sheets. This can put you in serious jeopardy if you use their foam, and get asked to provide the data they have listed for project approval. Call your supplier today and demand they send you copies of ALL their listed tests. I am removing thousands in foam right now to avoid having my pants sued off me.......... Lesson learned here in CT................
This is a very serious matter.
quentin
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 07:00 PM
Hope you reported the company to the SPFA and appropriate authorities. Then hammer them for the costs of doing the work a second time.
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 07:47 PM
Just so there is not a misunderstanding, the ICC is a third party that does Evaluations for a fee. For $8900.00 plus another couple of thousand, you can have your product tested by the ICC for the classification that you want plus subclassifications.

Just because a product doesn't have an ICC ES doesn't really mean a whole lot unless you are doing business with someone who requires it.

Our customer, Fema, requires it for everything down to the screws on the doors.

We are about to get bumped out of a very huge project where we are applying Polyurea to 10,000 units that were headed to Haiti as a roofing system, exterior wall and interior wall system.

We can not find one Polyurea Manafacturer that has an ICC ES Evaluation Report on their arromatic, aliphatic or Hybrid polyurea.

That includes SPI, Chemline, Versaflex, VFI, General Coatings, Gaco,......the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

You can definately sell your product without an ICC ES Evaluation Report.

UL and FM are different than ICC

So you don't need one in order to have the other.

Funlovin, you are right though, if they have it listed on their label, ICC, then it better be. We heard that Fema has a $270 Million dollar lawsuit on the Gulf Coast right now against one of the largest contractors in the US because one of the items they installed does not have an ICC ES.

Only lawyers win in a lawsuit!
Marty Capolla
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:53 AM
I was aware they did not have ICC listing, it was that on their product data sheet that I provided to the builder, home owner, and the inspectors that I found out they didn't even have the ASTM or FM testing done that they reported that they did........
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 02:33 PM
Wa that bid ****** and little ****** in CT?
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 02:34 PM
Sorry- big d**k and little d**k.
Marty Capolla
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 10:20 AM
Yup, you got the names right.........
Bob Silverman
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 03:48 PM
Isn't that Thermoseal? Those guys call so much I had to program a special ring into my phone for them so I wouldn't pick up by mistake! Lots of new "manufacturers" out there with no testing and no support, just what the industry needs.
steven argus
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 05:38 PM
Every month "Big D**k" calls me, and every month I tell him I'm not interested. A friend of mine sugested a restraining order.
steven argus
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 05:51 PM
The reason I won't do business w/ them is because of how they treated my friend/ competetor. Company rep. walked right off his job, got in his car and drove away. Buffman can tell the story better than I can.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.